Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #9

~Happy Homemaker Monday~






::The weather in my part of the world::
Hasn't been too bad, but we had a really cold day last Friday. It was rainy and chilly all day. Indiana weather though is always unpredictable so you never know what your going to get here. I can't wait until the warmer nights. The plus side in all the cooler nights is LESS mosquitoes though so I guess there's always a silver lining.



::On my reading pile::
Flame of Resistance by: Tracy Groot
The Fault in our Stars by: John Green (I am determined to have this book read this week!)
some other great books are on my TBR pile, most of them for review, and a couple Harlequin Historical books I picked up at the library.



::On my TV::
Not really watching too much lately on TV. Planning on finding some new TV series to get into. If you have any suggestions let me know and I will check into them. Other than that I'll probably just catch the news and watch whatever hubby and the kids are watching.



::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- baked half ham, mashed potatoes, corn
Tuesday- breaded fried chicken, mac & cheese, peas
Wednesday- hot dogs, baked beans, applesauce
Thursday- shopping day
Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-



::Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
Want To Try
Cornbread w/Yellow Cake Mix like Disneyland
http://pinterest.com/pin/22869910578194514/



::Looking around the home::
It's 6:30am, everyone is asleep. It's my job to wake everyone up so we can get ready for Lucas's doctor's appointment. We have to go to see if his hydroniphrosus has made a come-back. He has to have a series of tests run on him. I'm praying it isn't back though. I dread for him to have to go through the tests because it will be painful, and if I could take his place I would in a heartbeat, but we have to know so he can quit taking his antibiotics, and we can get down to the bottom of why he's had a series of illnesses. The children's hospital is about an hour and a half drive from here and since we will inevitably be caught in rush hour traffic AND have an inevitably large amount of paperwork to fill out I want to get there in plenty enough time. 
Library books are in the library bag waiting to be returned to the library upon our return. More than likely I will just be running in since Lucas won't feel at all good. We'll just have to see how things go.
I have a warm cup of tea sitting beside me that I've only taken a few sips from, my nerves are a jumble and the last thing I want right now is coffee to further jump start my nerves.
Laundry is folded in the laundry basket waiting to be put away. I ran out of energy and I'll get to it when we get back home.
I have a stack of blank discs sitting next to me that I need to burn pictures too. Hubby only temporarily fixed my laptop, but it could still crash at any time, and I do NOT want to lose any photos.




::What I have been up to lately::
I have been going through old clothes, with two growing boys there are always clothes they are growing out of or into. It's time to purge them though. Same with me and hubby. We have held onto clothes for years in the hopes that we will fit back into them one day soon. I am losing more and more weight lately, but the hopes of fitting back into pre-pregnancy clothes are slim. My body has changed in so many ways and it's just time to get rid of them. Even if I do eventually get back to my old size the chances of those old clothes fitting me right in all the needed places are very slim.
We all signed up for the summer reading program offered by our library. You simply log in online and track your reading hours. There are weekly prize drawings and a grand prize at the end of the program. It's a nice way to get people reading, and I think everyone who signs up gets a t-shirt. We all read regularly anyway so it's just an added little bonus, and the boys have upped story time from twice daily to three and sometimes four times daily. Lucas (whom is 4) has even been looking at picture books and making up stories to go along with them. He does great with the picture books with the word underneath, and we are working on more beginner books. I am just so excited our family loves books! Growing up I was the only one that liked to read in my family. LOL
I've been making some lists for our upcoming move. I am so excited to be in a new apartment community, our current one is going downhill fast, and we have had a lot of young college students move in that LOVE to be up all night and party. Namely the ones above us. In a way I understand where they are coming from, they ARE college students and isn't that what college students do. They want to unwind and have fun right? But then in a way I really wish that they would have courtesy to those of us that live out here with children. The loud music, people in and out at all hours, etc., is just really stressful. The new apartment complex we are moving doesn't tolerate parties and such which is what we were looking for. I probably sound like a party pooper, but hello....2 small children here who have bedtimes, I kinda have to be. I know this could all be solved with getting a house, and I want one so badly! Hubby says it just isn't the right time for us to be buying a house right now. Finances have been a bit rough lately so we'll just have to see where we end up the next couple of years I guess.



::On my to-do list::

  • Make this week's meal plan
  • Mop the kitchen and bathroom floors
  • Scrub the tub and sinks
  • Purge more toys I've come across that the boys have outgrown
  • Go through clothes I've had packed away in bins that won't fit us anymore
  • Put laundry away
  • Back-up pics I have saved on the laptop




::Blog of the week::
I found her blog through Pinterest. She has some amazing Children's Book Activies! We are big on reading in our home and these ideas are fabulous! I guess I never really thought of all the activies you can do with children's books, but from now on it will be at least a weekly ritual in our house. Hmm...perhaps I could even add it to the blog every week...
Here's one of her pics:
http://www.momto2poshlildivas.com/2012/05/childrens-book-week-share-your-favorite.html


::My projects::
I haven't made it to the hobby store to get beads for my sun-catchers just yet. It has been such a hectic week, and my car is currently not running. Hubby is hoping to have it fixed next week, and I can't wait. Even though I rarely go anywhere just the fact of knowing that my car is out of commission and I am stuck at home really aggravates me, and this is an exceptionally long work week for hubby. He works every single day except today. 14 hours. :(



::From the camera::
Call me childish, but as a kid I use to always want to see the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile! lol. I was just fascinated by it as a child and the commercials, and on a trip to the dollar store this week it was sitting outside selling hot dogs for charity! I used my cell phone to capture a pic since I didn't have my camera on me. (Why I never remember to take it I will never know)
Here it is:

I couldn't get a pic of the inside, but the dash boards are hotdogs on a bun as well! LOL
Here's one of the commercials with the jingle. I use to sing this as a kid because it was oddly catchy to me. :)




::Something fun to share::
Organization tip- I organize my containers just like this because in an apartment we are SO limited on cabinet space this makes things so much easier! And it also makes containers easier for the husband to find. haha. Now this pic I found on Pinterest, but it's still a fantastic idea and one I've been using for years.
Pinterest Link
~Credit~



::Bible Verse/Devotional::
Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understand, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog