Saturday, June 16, 2012

To give you an update...




Happy Homemaker Mondays are currently on hold. We have had doctor appointments the last few Mondays in a row, and this Monday will be no exception. Monday's have been a bit manic lately and it's been difficult to get the posts up. However, if I get back home in time I may still post this weeks. We will just have to see. I just wanted to let you all know that if I do get it posted this week it won't be my usual A.M. time it would be much later in the day. But still feel free to drop me your blog link for Happy Homemaker Monday in a comment somewhere if you participate, I will still visit your post. :)

Come on in and have a quick chat, and make yourself comfy. I have a nice cold glass of sweet iced tea that is exceptional. Today cold drinks are a must whether it be tea, lemonade, or just a refreshing glass of nice ice cold water (which I will get after I finish this tea).
As you know we had a bit of trouble searching for that "right" apartment complex. And as you all know we wanted an apartment because it is a lot less maintenance and well....that's what we said we wanted. BUT even though the apartment we got is perfect on the inside, it lacks the outdoor space we want. So, after much discussion between me and hubby we are ready to move back into a house. There's no time like the present right?
I miss the boys having their OWN yard to play in. I miss having a garden and playing in sprinklers with the boys. I miss grilling out whenever I want just right outside my back door rather than going to some special barbecue area. Those are little pleasantries you don't get to do while living apartment life, and the boys need a house. I want them to have a yard to play in, etc.
So now we're on a new journey. We are going to be searching for that perfect home that fits us. I think we are finally ready to embark on buying a house. For the time being we are still moving into a house, but it won't be one we are buying. We have some searching to do, and this time around we want to make sure the house is a good fit for us before we jump into something. It's easy to get so eager that you just want to take the first thing that comes along, but this time we have a list. We want at least 75% of what's on our wish list (now I sound like HGTV) haha. I know that you don't always get everything you want with a house, but I think to want 75% of our wish list is reasonable. It will take some looking, but we are more than ready. I want to lay down roots. I want to etch onto a door the boys height as they grow (and they are growing so fast!), I want a garden of my own making, me and hubby want to build the boys a fort type playhouse in the yard, and I want them to have the space and freedom of a yard because a yard is the door to a wonderful imagination.

But anyway that's what's going on with me. I have some book reviews I will be posting this week, and a lot of reading to catch up on. I am also picking back up the bible reading plan. It's actually to read the entire bible in a year, but I'm not going to set a time limit for myself. I want to enjoy the bible, and not feel rushed. Plus I always tend to get behind and then just end up giving up, and I don't want to repeat that. It can be a bit overwhelming, but I want to learn from the bible and take my time reading God's words and studying them. I hope things are great with you all, and thank you much for taking the time to read this. I hope we had a good visit. I am looking for more great blogs to read so if you have one feel free to leave your link. And I'm also re-connecting on Twitter so if you want to connect on there my twitter name is @mommywonderland

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Sincerely,
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog