Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Homemaker #19

Glad to be back. I took the weekend off to be with my family. We had planned on going to the pumpkin patch but because everyone is sick we decided to wait. We had some bills due that could not wait anyway, and now medicine to pick up so we'll go another weekend.
We took the weekend easy and mainly sat with the boys on the couch cuddling them and watching cartoons with them.
In other words is it really already October 1st?! I can't believe how fast time went! Maybe it's just me but I feel like September just flew by in the blink of an eye! Maybe it's because things have been so hectic on my end, but it's surreal how fast time can fly isn't it?
More of a reason to just take some time to enjoy it every now and then. We can often get so caught up in the rush of life that we forget to actually enjoy it.






::The weather in my part of the world::
Changing from day to day as usual. It has been much warmer lately which has been sort of nice. I just wish it didn't mess with our sinuses so much! We have all suffered from colds, allergies, etc. And if your read my earlier blog post today you'll know the boys and hubby have been really sick.




::On my reading pile::



















::On my TV::
Keeping Up With The Kardashians (on demand-catching up from what I've missed)
Love It or List It (HGTV)
10:00 News



::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday-Homemade chicken noodle soup
Tuesday-Spaghetti with meat sauce & garlic bread
Wednesday-Tacos
Thursday-Beef Pasta, Mashed Potatoes, Peas
Friday-Spanish Rice and Fried Potatoes
Saturday-BBQ Porkchops, Rice, Baby Carrots



::Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
We recently received an entire box of avocado's from a family member who had too many and didn't use them so I'm going to try my hand at making some homemade guacamole dip and see how that goes.



::Looking around the home::
Levi is napping, Lucas is laying on the couch covered up with his blanket watching Team Umizoomi. Normally we would be getting ready for school right about now since he has afternoon classes, but if you read my post earlier you'll know the boys are sick so no school for a couple of days.
Chicken is slow cooking in the crockpot and filling the home with a nice scent.
The blinds are open letting in the natural light but windows are closed since it's way too chilly outside.
Dishes need done although there aren't that many since the boys weren't very hungry. They only wanted some toast. At least they did eat that though.
There's a couple library books that I've been eager to read sitting on my to-read shelf on my bookcase. I'm hoping to get through my books to read for review quickly so I can get to these ones. Either way I'm enjoying myself reading so it's a win win situation.



::What I’ve been up to lately::
Cleaning, disinfecting the house, taking care of my sick hubby and kiddos.
Reading when I can and when I'm not too tired when everyone else is asleep.
W helped my mom move back into her old apartment which she is just thrilled about and so are we. She had moved to a little house, but it didn't shape up to be what she had thought. She was seeing and hearing things, and someone kept knocking on her door in the middle of the night every single night. Someone even went into her house once when she wasn't home and while nothing was taken there were things moved around and the door was unlocked when she got home and knew that she had locked it. Very scary indeed!
So when she got a new job offer and the offer to move back into her old apartment she jumped at it, and her landlord let her out of her lease due to the circumstances with the exception she forfeit her deposit for leaving early. She was just so happy to have her apartment back she didn't even mind.



::On my to-do list::
Dishes
Take care of sick kiddos
Re-arrange boys bedroom
Cleaning
Vaccumming all the rooms



::Tips/Tricks::
Schedule your cleaning- I have found that by scheduling my cleaning everything that needs to get done does without interfering with other things or running me ragged. Every week I thouroughly clean my bathroom for instance on Sundays. Every week on Mondays I re-organize my cabinets if they are looking too crowded and make sure to have all that in order.
Every Tuesday I mop all the floors while Lucas is in school and Levi is napping. This way nobody steps on the floors until they are dry. If your kids aren't in school or don't take naps you can get up a little earlier before everyone else and mop your floors making sure to give them plenty of time to dry before everyone is due to get up. You can either go back to bed or use the remaining time for some quiet time for yourself to catch up on reading, projects, etc.



::Something fun to share::
I think this is really nice and considering that we need a new coffee table I am tempted to make this. The only problem is putting a vase of flowers or a plant in the middle may not last so well with a rowdy 4 and 1 year old running around. But maybe they'd get used to it???
http://pinterest.com/pin/233694668135282391/


::Bible Verse/Devotional::
"Keep your eyes open to this Temple night and day, this place of which you said, 'My name will be honored there,' and listen to the prayers that I pray at this place. Listen from your home in heaven and when you hear, forgive."
1 Kings 8:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog