Sunday, December 16, 2012

Prayers...

I was going to write a blog post updated everyone on my week, but I just can't write it today.
My thoughts are still with the families and victims of the CT school tragedy.
My heart breaks, and because there's nothing else I can do, I can pray.
I am angry that such a thing happened, I'm angry with the monster that did this, I'm angry with the schools for  not having a better policy in place on letting people in, I'm angry at the whole situation, but the anger will do nothing but eat us up inside. The fear will ravage us and we can't live in fear for the rest of our lives.
How easy it would be to stay in our homes and keep our children inside where they are safe and only we are around them. How easy it would be to avoid the malls, stores, schools, movie theaters, etc. How easy it would be to avoid life in general. Problem is that we can't avoid life. Whether we choose to move along with it or not, it's going to carry us along with it whether we choose to go willingly or not.
We can't teach our children that avoiding public places that are such a part of everyday life is an okay way to live because it isn't.
I want to pull my kids out of school, I want to home school them, I want to avoid the malls, theaters, etc. I want to shield them from life, and keep them young forever so I can always take care of them. But life isn't as we want it to be, as much as we want it to be.
So my prayers are with the families that lost their children. In particular the parents and siblings who are the most devastated. Nothing anyone can say will make things better, nothing will make them feel better, and nothing will bring their children or loved ones back. All we can do is pray.
We can pray for the families, friends, all who were directly affected by this tragedy.
We can pray for the families and people around the world who, even though they didn't personally know anything about the victims, school, etc, are just as deeply affected and hurt by this tragedy.
I don't understand the cruelty in this world, I don't understand the monsters that walk amongst us or what makes them think that it's okay to take innocent lives, and it's something we'll never understand. But no matter what God will always be there holding our hand just waiting for us to reach out and take hold tight.
And we can pray...


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
-Isaiah 41:10



Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
-Deuteronomy 31:6




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog