Monday, July 25, 2011

Faithfully Uplifting

Billy Graham In Quotes
By: Franklin Graham with Donna Lee Toney

I would just like to start by saying that I don't usually read books on quotes, however I do enjoy Billy Graham so I decided to give this a try, and I really did enjoy it. It is so uplifting, and really gets you thinking. Plus we all love quotes, and it’s amazing how from a simple quote you can gain so much wisdom. Most of us even live by quotes.
This book is split up into topics, it covers just about everything and is Billy Grahams quotes on his take of bible verses, and what he believed. There is everything from addiction, anger, sadness, happiness, money, forgiveness, heaven, etc. PLUS all the topics are in alphabetical order so it is very easy to locate what you are searching for. And right now we are going through some difficult things and I found myself reading some of these quotes and they really were uplifting.
My husband couldn't wait to get his hands on this book when it came in the mail. He too read it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I assume now it will become more of his book because as we speak he has it sitting on his bedside nightstand where he read some of the quotes before bed.
I think that people of all ages can gain wisdom and faith from this book. I especially think it would come in handy for a pastor when writing sermons or a church class to study together. This book is both thought provoking, and spiritually uplifting. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, and there is a quote in here for everyone. And what's really lovely about this book is that the pressure isn't on to read it cover to cover, but you can use it in your everyday life. It would be a good book to keep on your nightstand or on a coffee table and when you have some you time pick it up and read on whatever topic you want some wisdom on. There are also some great footprints in here as well. It is all in all very truthful, and inspirational.

DISCLAIMER: I was provided this book for free through Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my unbiased review. Opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog