Monday, February 24, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/24/2014

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. As usual ours passed in a bit of a blur, but it was a productive weekend so I can't complain.
If you would like to participate in Happy Homemaker Monday head on over to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, and link up! :)

Image Credit: Sandra @ Diary of a Stay at Home Mom


~As I look out my window~
All the snow is melted now except for a few random patches here and there. It's pretty chilly outside so I'm glad to be inside for the time being. The sun is shining though and I'm so excited for Spring! It's so close now! :)



~Right now I am~
Sitting on my couch writing this post while my little one naps.



~Thinking and pondering~
About all that is ahead this week. My youngest has a birthday on Saturday. He will be 3 and it is so bittersweet. I'm so excited and happy but I'm also nostalgic as well. It seems like just yesterday both my loves were tiny little babies smiling up at me as I cradled them in my arms. Now they are both busy boys that are whirlwinds and are all over the place. LOL I love them so much, and I am so proud of each of them at the young men they are becoming. I just wish I could stop the clock for a bit.



~On my bedside table~
I just finished this book:
It was an incredible read, and I honestly learned a lot from reading it. I'll be writing a review on it and posting it this week as well.
Now I'm contemplating what to read next. I have tons of books on my Kindle but I'm craving an actual book to read again. LOL I love ebooks to a point but sometimes there's nothing like holding the weight of a book in your hands, turning the pages, smelling the lovely book scent. :)



~On my TV tonight~
I haven't been watching a whole lot on TV lately. Mostly when I get the chance to watch TV I catch up on unseen episodes of Bones, shows on TLC, or I end up watching shows with the hubby. LOL



~Listening to~
Bones playing on the TV. I'm watching and listening to it as I type this up. Missed episode. :)



~On the menu this week~
Monday- Beef Stroganoff, mashed potatoes, peas
Tuesday- Fried Breaded Chicken, green beans, rice
Wednesday- Spaghetti & Garlic Bread
Thursday- Chili Cheese Dogs & Fries
Friday- Seafood Gumbo & Cornbread
Saturday- Pizza Hut (birthday boys choice)
Sunday- shopping day



~On my to do list~
Laundry
Ironing
Dishes
Vacuum floors
Re-arrange kids rooms
Go to the library



~Happening this week~
Karate practices
shopping for the little ones birthday
Going through storage units and purging things



~What I am creating, sewing, knitting, or crocheting~
Nothing at this time. I actually just finished mending some of my husbands work uniforms. He always comes home with snags and holes in them that are needing repaired and I was behind on them. 



~My Simple Pleasure~
Snuggling with my babies on the couch while we watch cartoons or movies. :)



~Looking around the house~
Gizmo is laying on the floor next to my feet sleeping all curled up. My little one is napping in his room. Lunch dishes are needing washed in the kitchen, and I need to put the crayons and coloring books up they are on the TV stand from this morning.



~From the camera~
Nothing this week. Although I did just get a new camera (YAY!) and so there will be photos to come. :)



~Prayer list~
A couple very close friends of ours who just got approved for buying their first home! After many obstacles on some other properties they finally found one that turned out to be everything they wanted and more! I'm so happy for them. They have been searching for well over a year now, and it has been hit and miss. So the fact they got the house of their dreams is just amazing. So now with it comes all the paperwork, moving process, homeowners insurance, and all those goodies. LOL So they are in my prayers as they tackle all of what is left.
All of my friends and family members. 



~Bible verse, Devotional~
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog