Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 05/05/2014

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and here's to hoping for a good week ahead! :) I do want to share something real quick. I stumbled upon this facebook page with tons of gorgeous antiques. It's so exciting just to see them and read about them! If you like antiques and vintage items then you should definitely check this page out. I would love to have so much of the stuff they post on there! lol I am always on the search for such stuff in thrift stores, rummage sales, etc. :) You can also post some of your own antique pictures on their page and have it featured!
Here's the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DustyOldThing
Here's the website: http://dustyoldthing.com/
And here is just one of the beautiful pictures they have featured: 
Photo Credit: Bridget Borchert on Dusty Old Thing
 I just had to share that as I know a lot of you also love antiques! And now it's time to get on with Happy Homemaker Monday! :)


Photo Credit: Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
To join in Happy Homemaker Monday visit Sandra's blog @
Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, find her latest Happy Homemaker Monday post
and add your HHM blog link and name onto the Mr. Linky provided! :)


::As I look outside my window::
The sun is up and so am I. I'm sure it's a bit chilly still right now although I haven't stepped outside just yet. I hope today is as gorgeous as it was yesterday. Yesterday we had all the windows open letting in the breeze and fresh air. I love the mild temps when it's not too hot and not too cold, but JUST right. It's so relaxing. 


::Right now I am::
Sitting at the kitchen table enjoying a cold glass of Ice Water with fresh cut lemon slices. (I have been feeling so parched lately), and I am typing up this post. I woke up wide awake so no need for any coffee this morning which is unusual for me. Everything is quiet in the house at the moment. It's that time before everyone wakes up and I'm enjoying it. lol


::Thinking and pondering::
About all there is to do today, and what is ahead for the week.
Also about priorities. We were planning this huge family vacation this year out of state but now I don't think it's going to happen. We really need to get some financial things taken care of first. Sitting down doing our budget and trying to plan for this big vacation just made me realize how hard it will be to do that at this point in time. We have come so far but we still have a bit of ways to go. I mean we could manage the big vacation but it would put some other stuff on hold and we would really rather not do that. It would be easier to just get it taken care of and go on some mini-vacations and local family activities. That way it doesn't break our budget. It's really not a big deal to me though just as long as we are getting family time and having fun. 


::On my bedside table::
My new reading lamp hubby bought me for an early Mother's Day Gift. I absolutely love it and it's just what I needed and have been wanting since my last one got broken when we moved.
The book I'm reading: Saving Amelie
My Bible
My body lotion
My Kindle


::On my TV tonight::
Monday- Safe Crackers and some of the hubby's shows
Tuesday- unsure
Wednesday- unsure
Thursday- Impractical Jokers
Friday- unsure
Saturday- unsure
Sunday- unsure


::Listening to::
Silence. It's that time in my house when everyone is still asleep except for me. 


::On the menu for this week::
Monday- Shrimp Poppers, Rice, and Peas
Tuesday- Chili
Wednesday- Lasagna, Garlic Bread & Salad
Thursday- Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes w/gravy, and corn
Friday- BBQ Pork Chops, Mac & Cheese, Cornbread, Asparagus
Saturday- Corn Dogs, Sweet Potato Fries
Sunday- Grilled Steaks, Veggie Kabobs, Baked Potatoes


::On my to do list::
Laundry
Dishes
Going through storage stuff and eliminating
Grocery shopping


::Happening this week::
Monday- Chores and purging household/storage things
Tuesday- Karate
Wednesday- Playgroup for youngest
Thursday- Errand day & Karate
Friday- Library


::What I am creating::
Still nothing, it's been so crazy hectic around here I still haven't picked up any yarn and I need to badly.


::My simple pleasure::
Taking walks


::Homemaking tips::
When you go to the store and pick items up like meat and veggies you can always portion out what you usually use and freeze the rest. That way nothing goes to waste and you have more to use for later or for something else. We often buy bulk sizes when there is a sale that way we can just take out what we need and freeze the rest. In the end we usually end up saving more money that way.


::Looking around the house::
My wax burner is going on the kitchen counter. I love starting it up in the morning. Everything is quiet and clean for now. That will of course change within the next hour as everyone starts getting up and breakfast gets under way.


::From the camera::
From last week's zoo field trip. I always love looking at the colorful Pink Flamingos :)



::Prayer list::
My family and some financial issues we have going on at the moment
Friends


::Bible verse/Devotional::
We fallen humans generally make decisions by sight, which often means that we let our emotions be our guide. We do what we want to do, and pride and feelings rule.
Of course, God created our emotions and He intends for them to be fulfilled, but He does not intend for them to rule us. If they did, our lives would be roller-coaster rides, moving up and down with every whim and trend. God transcends our feelings, and when we elevate the above His wisdom, we are placing ourselves on the throne of our own heart--where only He belongs.
God's prescription for our wisdom is to find His. His is constant; His is eternal; His is deeply rooted in reality--the way things really are. His wisdom is everything our emotions are not. A believer who forsakes his or her own feelings for the much more reliable guidance of the eternal God has become wise. Sight is limited; faith is not. We must walk by faith, not sight.

                       -taken from 365 Pocket Devotions by Chris Tiegreen

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7, NIV

1 comment:

  1. How funny, I also like that page on Facebook and LOVE the things they post. Great for dreaming of what I would love my house to look like one day :)

    We were at the zoo last week too, matter of fact I'm seeing a lot of friends posting about zoo visits.

    Hope you have a good week Tori :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog