Monday, April 24, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/24/2017



Good afternoon all, hope you had a great weekend. I had a busy one. It seemed like my kids were all extremely hyper this weekend! LOL
I think we are all just so excited that warmer weather and sunshine has finally reached us! It definitely boosts my mood. I'm hoping to get out in the yard this week. We are planning a little section to be a fairy garden. Have you seen them on Pinterest and Facebook? They are cute and whimsical.




::The weather::
We are back and forth in the 60s and 70s. We have some rain and thunderstorms coming this week but sunshine also.


::On my reading pile::
I am almost done with Girl In Pieces. I did not get to read any over the weekend. We were all so busy and by the time I got the kids wound down for the night each night I was more than ready for bed myself. It's an interesting read although some parts are tough to get through. This will be for review.


::Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::

I started watching some of the new TV series Riverdale. It is a television show on the CW based on the older Archie comics and cartoons. Such as Archie's Weird Mysteries which I used to love watching when I was younger. I also used to enjoy reading the comics. It is definitely different though for sure. I haven't watched enough to really say too much about it yet though.

I also watched a few vlogs. I found a family vlog I really enjoy on YouTube- PhillipsFamBam. If you haven't checked them out definitely give them a try. They do family style vlogs, cook with me's, eat with me's, Sunday sit downs, they go live, they do grocery hauls, work out videos, challenges, just a little of everything really. Plus what I love about them is they post consistently. You don't have to wait days to get new posts. One of their newest videos I plan to watch today is where they try a bunch of different Australian foods sent to them.
You can also send them recipes to be featured on their cook with me's and they will film them being made, trying them, etc.


::On my TV::
Oak Island with hubby
Catch up on some vlogs
Gotham with hubby tonight


::On the menu for this week::

Monday 17th
Homemade Mini Pizza's (The kiddos requested these again this week)

Tuesday 18th
Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, rolls

Wednesday 19th
Spanish rice, fried potatoes, skillet bread

Thursday 20th
Unsure but thinking Mongolian Beef. We are going to the store this day though so not sure. I do meal planning on Wednesdays and then we go to the store either Thursdays, Fridays, or Saturdays.

Friday 21st
See above

Saturday 22nd

Sunday 23rd


::On my to do list::
Monday - Laundry, general tidying up around the house today to straighten back up after the weekend. You know how that is.

Tuesday - going through stuff and spring cleaning some more. 5 people in a house can accumulate a lot more stuff than you would think. So much has to go. Some will be donated, some sold, and some will be trashed I'm sure.

Wednesday - meal planning, Make grocery list, more laundry, general household cleaning, book review to be posted this day also.

Thursday - Grocery shopping day. I am excited because our Aldi has been closed for remodeling and they are opening this day. Yay!
We also go to other stores depending on their sale

Friday - Chaperoning my son's field trip.

Saturday- We are going to visit my dad during the day and probably going to the park if its nice. Movie Night with the kiddos.


::What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::
I have been playing around in my planner a bit working on layouts.


::Looking around the house::
Breakfast and lunch dishes are all on the counter. We were in a rush this morning and then I had a couple quick errands. We just got back for lunch and finished up so I have to scrape them all and give them a wash. Clean the kitchen, Gizmo needs a good bath and brushing so doing that today.


::What I'm wearing today::

Jeggings as usual a plain teal t-shirt.


::One of my simple pleasures::
Cooking and Baking. I LOVE baking! It's relaxing and rewarding. I love cooking for my family and seeing them enjoy their meals. It brings me a lot of joy.


::Bible verse, Devotional::



If you would like to join in on the Happy Homemaker Monday link up head on over to Sandra's blog Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. :)

2 comments:

  1. I was just posting how I wanted to try and make a fairy garden. They seem like so much fun. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a busy week ahead of you! Hope the field trip is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog