Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Seraph Seal book review



The Seraph Seal
By: Leonard Sweet & Lori Wagner
 
Set in the year 2048, this is an apocalyptic book. It is all about the end times as well as what will lead up to it. As natural disasters start happening everywhere, as knowledge increases and technology becomes a sort of super technology, and strange unexplained occurrences happen at every turn, the end of times is very near.
Paul Binder finds a letter under very unfortunate circumstances addressed to him. He eventually is asked to review an ancient Syrian manuscript, and there he meets Angela Matthews Krall. Together they try to uncover the secrets of the manuscripts, and as they unfold answers they start to question their own faith in a time where not many people are left with faith. It all starts with a key, and ends with life changing discoveries. Will they be able to help humankind and our civilization as we know it?

MY THOUGHTS:
I liked this book. I was a little confused at parts, especially because there isn’t really just one main character or even two, but rather many. It sort of flits back and forth between all of the main characters, but at the same time once you get into the novel it isn’t hard to distinguish. I thought this book would be about the same as The DaVinci Code, but it was totally different. There are many notes, a reference key, as well as drawings that help greatly understand any confusing terms throughout the book. While I think that a person with a more academic background would enjoy this book more, I think anyone can enjoy it and take something away from the experience. I was at the edge of my seat throughout the entire book, and the extra keys in the back helped me along the parts I found difficult to understand. But I found this book all in all to be an eye opener. While I don’t believe the world will end on a specific date it will happen one day, and there are certain things in this novel that we already have present in our current time. But I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoy apocalyptic novels. It will keep you turning the pages, and there are many points in this novel where I found it hard to put down. While enjoying this book I also learned quite a bit, and I would recommend it if you are interested in this type of novel.


DISCLAIMER: I was provided this book for free through Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my unbiased review. Opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog