Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mommy's Crazy Life

Sorry for my absence last week. I should really just change the name of my blog from Mommy's Musings to Mommy's Crazy Life. LOL

Did you all have a good memorial day? It poured rain here but we still had a pretty nice day. Hubby had to work so we went to my mom's house for dinner. She made her famous homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and grilled corn on the cob. The rest of the day we decorated outdoors in between all the rain and played with the kiddos. I am just so thankful for all the men and women out there who have/and do fight for our freedom each and every day. Without them our lives here wouldn't even be possible.

Hubby got some bad news from his work that there would be a significant amount of layoffs and cutbacks. Luckily he is only one of four others that weren't affected by this. Half of the other's got their hours cut but work more days in a week, and the other half have been laid off indefinitely. It's all very stressful. He has been with his company for over 8 years now so he is in no hurry to leave, the instability of it all just has us a bit on edge.

Also I have been winding down getting excited for the end of this school year. My son only goes to school for 4 more days but we recently found out there has been a change for next year. A couple schools are only announced for being positively affected, but the others I'm thinking will follow suit. Rather than have K-5 in our schools they are trying to push for 1-5 and one whole building for just K. Which doesn't bode well considering the building they want to use for Kindergarten is close to ten miles away from us. That just makes me incredibly uncomfortable. If an emergency came about it could take at least a half hour just to get to the school. So needless to say we have been a bit stressed. Our school system has never fully functioned well when it comes to making decisions. Last year they put all the preschooler's in one building, which wasn't really a huge ordeal although we weren't happy about finding out until a couple weeks before school began. Not to mention I had a huge ordeal where they didn't even have him registered.
That's exactly what we are afraid of happening this year. So we now have to take a look at private schools and homeschooling. We aren't sure what route we want to take yet. We aren't even sure if his school will be one of those affected, but we want to be prepared just in case. That way he doesn't have to be thrown behind in the next school year.

Also in the news the boys are getting sick. What a way to end the school year. It could just be allergies for my oldest son, but for my youngest I think he may have a sinus infection. He's got the bright green gooby snot going on, itchy watery eyes, and ultra irritability factor. I'm going to keep an eye on it and run the cool mist humidifier tonight. If he is no better by Thursday I will set a doctor appointment for the same day.

Anyway, I have much coming up in the way of reviews so stay tuned. If your interested on guest posting on my blog or you need something reviewed just send me an email: mommywonderland (at) gmail (dot) com.
I will get to you as soon as I can. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog