Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Book Review #1

The Final Summit
By: Andy Andrews
 
David Ponder has lost the most important thing to him in his life, his wife, Ellen. A very successful man he sits alone successful but depressed.
Discovering the Seven Decisions many years prior, David Ponder is now called upon again in the hopes of saving mankind from the end as we know it.
Hoping to find an answer as to why humankind is hurtling towards its own destruction David must find an answer.
As a Traveler, David gets the help of five other previous travelers including: Winston Churchill, Eric Erikson, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington Carver, Joan of Arc, and King David. Together they only get five chances to discover a two word answer to save the world’s end. The question seems simple: “What does humanity need to do, individually and collectively, to restore itself to the pathway toward successful civilization?” Join David and his team of fellow travelers on their journey to restore civilization as we know it.

                                                                      ~My Thoughts~
I had to wonder if I would be able to actually get into this book, and if it would hold my attention. I have to say that I was not disappointed. I couldn’t put it down. It was intriguing, inspiring, and very informative. I learned about some of the past greats that I wouldn’t ordinarily have thought to look up. It also made me question myself as well as the world. It really opened my eyes to many things that I hadn’t even really thought about. Especially when it comes to faith. I would definitely recommend this book. There is also a great questionnaire in the back of the book that really helps you learn more about yourself and civilization in general. All in all a good read, and I definitely enjoyed it. Also I would like to add that this is the sequel to the book The Traveler’s Gift by Andy Andrews.


To learn more about this book please visit: http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/product_detail.asp?sku=9780785231202


DISCLAIMER: I was provided this book for free through Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my unbiased review. Opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog