Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Busy Day Spent Indoors



Today has been a pretty productive day. I FINALLY got down all of our Christmas decorations. I just couldn't take it anymore. I LOVE Christmas trees all lit up, decorations, etc., but once the holiday is over I just start feeling cluttered and then you know it's time. It feels so much better around here though now that things are back to normal.
I got all the chores done at a fairly early time and got to spend time playing with the kiddos which is always nice.
I'm also going to be doing some re-arranging to the kids bedroom this weekend. With all their new stuff and the both of them in one room it's getting mighty crowded.
I wanted to stay in this apartment until we were ready to buy a house in a couple years, but to be honest I don't think we're going to get to for the simple fact as the boys get older them sharing a room works less and less. I think once our lease is up close to the end of this year we're going to have to get a bigger apartment with an extra bedroom.

Seems like today sped by which always seems to happen when your busy.
I was going to make a trip to the local library, but decided to hold off. I just didn't feel like getting out today when so much needed attention around the house. Not to mention it's super cold outside. I must say I do feel a lot better after getting everything done. Now just to tackle the re-arranging of the kids rooms, and I think I'll throw the closets in there too. haha

I hope everyone had a happy, fun, safe New Years. We spent our New Year's Eve at home. It's the one night we all stay up late and we usually watch the ball drop on TV from Time's Square, but this year I fell asleep when the kids did. We didn't even make it. haha. On New Year's Day we all went out to eat at the Golden Corral and tried their dinner buffet. It was nice to get out the whole family and just enjoy good food and each other's company. Plus no dishes! How can I complain?
Then once the kids were tucked in bed me and hubby enjoyed a glass of wine and some quiet time together.

I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions lists. To be honest I always find them hard to stick to. I stick to them for the first few months or so and then by summer at least I've lost track and just given up or forgotten completely. One thing I can stick to is my Day Zero List. There's a website called: dayzeroproject.com
Here's a bit about it I took from the website:
Whether you want to travel, make things, discover new experiences, or completely reinvent yourself - Day Zero has something for you!

Choose a challenge, such as our original 101 Things in 1001 Days, then build, track and conquer your list with the help of thousands of other participants.

I'm doing the 101 in 1,001 list. It's much more realistic to try for 101 goals in 1,001 days rather than 365. And I'm not setting the bar too high because that just makes it all that harder to stick to the goals, and can get a bit overwhelming.

Another great thing that I've really started getting into is a website called: Paperbackswap.com
For all you readers like me out there, it's really easy to get into.
Create your account, list books you want to get rid of (10 books earns you 2 credits) and then once you get credits you can start requesting books. There are literally millions to choose from on there. Search by author, book, genre, etc. Users can request books you post, and you request books others post. Makes it so easy to trade. You simply pay for postage which isn't that much, and Paperbackswap even has a printable wrapper which makes it that much more easy.
For every one of your books someone requests you get a credit. So the possibilities are endless and it saves a lot of un-needed book clutter. I am always coming across books I buy and they aren't what I thought or I just want to make room for more books so I get rid of them. But I realize how many other people may want to read that same book so why not keep it circulating?
Anyway give it a try if you haven't. I had been hearing about it for quite some time and finally decided to take the plunge and so far I'm loving it!

Anyway, time to go. Have a good night/day. :)


Sincerely,
Tori

1 comment:

  1. Tori, Isn't it wonderful to get those decorations down? I feel the same way! I don't make new years resolutions either. I think it's sort of like telling your hubby that you're going to be "positively perfect" when saying your vows at the altar, not entirely likely ;) But being a work in progress, striving to learn and grow and do our 100% best is the attitude, right? :) Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog