Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday 01/21/2013

Picture Above Credit: Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

Oh my, I think everyone I know and those whose blogs I've read have slept in today. I am quite happy to announce that today I joined the masses (although unbeknownst) and slept in as well. It was REALLY nice! I couldn't believe the kids slept in, BOTH of them, and didn't get up until right after I did. I never appreciated sleep as much until I became a mom. LOL
So now without further ado I'm joining Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom in Happy Homemaker Monday. :)


::The weather::
Freezing! Tonight we are suppose to get down to 1 degree! 1! Right now we are at 22 degrees but we have extremely low wind chills. We just got a little dusting of snow and more to come this week. To make matters worse I have to get out after I finish this blog post because I completely forgot some must have items on my shopping list. Things we can't live without like: dish soap,  trash bags,  toothpaste, toilet paper, etc. Yes I realize these are the types of items that should be impossible to forget, and in my defense I had a grocery list. But also in my defense I laid my grocery list down on a shelf and had to chase after Levi who decided it would be fun to run away and pull various boxes of oatmeal products off the shelves. Luckily they didn't break open but it resulted in a screaming toddler strapped back in the cart, a lost list, and a frazzled momma. Gotta love shopping days...


::Right now I am::
Rambling, as you can see after reading the weather summary. I got totally off topic. I think I need more socialization. LOL
Other than that I am typing this while watching the kids play hot wheels and Dora is playing on TV.


::Thinking::
About how much I dread getting out today, and what I need to get done around the house.


::On my reading pile::
Desperate Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
By: Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson

and I will be posting a couple reviews to books I have finished this week.


::On my TV::
Right now the kids are watching Dora
Later I will be re-watching the latest Nashville episode.
This week I'll be catching the newest episodes of:
Bunheads
Nashville
Mysteries at the Museum
American Idol


::Favorite blog post this week::
Have I Told You Lately by: FlowerLady's Musings


::Something fun to share::
This is a recipe I'm going to be making soon. The kids LOVE orange dreamsicles so I figure they will really like this.
Credit & Recipe: http://save-a-lot.com/recipes/creamsicle-cake


::On my menu this week::
Monday- Chili
Tuesday- Chicken Quesadillas
Wednesday- Vegetable Soup & Cornbread
Thursday- Loaded meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, and corn
Friday- Homemade Nachos (I use Cheese Dorito chips)
Saturday- Homemade Pizza
Sunday- Cubed Steaks, Baked Potatoes, Macaroni & Cheese


::On my to-do list::
Laundry- wash, dry, put away
Scrubbing the bathroom tiles, tub, toilet, sink, etc
Shopping
Give Gizmo a bath
Sewing


::What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting, or creating::
Sewing some buttons on some of my husbands work shirts and doing some mending to his uniforms. He can send them off to be fixed, but it takes them forever so I usually do it if it's an easy fix. No sense in waiting three weeks to get them back.


::Homemaking tips::
Next time you are putting a load of laundry in the dryer but need it to dry quickly, toss a dry towel in with the load. It will make the wet load dry much faster.
One day my son spilled cherry juice all over his winter coat and I had to wash and dry it quickly. Since I was running low on time I just stuck a dry towel in with it and it sped up the drying process.


::Looking around the house::
Dishes are drying on their rack, Gizmo is sleeping on his dog bed, the wind is blowing the tree outside the living room window, and the kids have dragged out multiple toys from their room into the living room. Yikes...


::From the camera::
Nothing today


::On my prayer list::
Everyone that is going through a rough time right now. Even if I don't know the names or situations everyone needs a little prayer now and again.
A few family members who have been battling colds.


::Bible verse/devotional::
1 Corinthians 14:15
What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also.



If you want to join in Happy Homemaker Monday head on over to Sandra's blog and add your Happy Homemaker Monday post & name to her Mister Linky. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh the uniforms lol I used to sew on all his buttons and patches too, no need to pay to get it done when I could do it :)

    Sorry about your shopping day, I remember those when my children were little, it was painful taking them grocery shopping, there was always screaming, running away, grabbing things. UGH lol

    Great tip as well, I'll have to remember that.

    Hope you have a really good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grocery shopping with kids is never fun...at least my opinion. When my kids were little I almost never got what I needed. I was so ready to just run out of the store. LOL

    I have not had nachos in so long...let alone with doritos. That sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have my husband stay home with the kids while I shop but he loves to "help" with the shopping. That means all five of us go, and boy, does it get wild! I should carry around a couple of signs that say "Put that down," and "No, you can't have that."

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog