Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

Credit: Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
"Happy Homemaker Monday"


I'm so glad to be back to participating in Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday. I love reading what everyone else is up to, and getting to talk to new people. :)
If you want to join in just head on over to Sandra's blog: Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and add your Happy Homemaker Monday link to her Mister Linky!
Today started early for us as it's back to school and the normal hectic schedules. In a way I'm relieved because I started feeling a bit off balance with our slack schedules, but on the other hand I wish we could have an extra day. haha. Isn't that crazy? I was all prepared for today and I obviously knew it was coming, but when I woke up this morning it still seemed to catch me off guard. I actually found myself trying to justify grabbing an extra hour of sleep but thankfully in the back of my mind I kept urging myself to get up and back to the normal daily grind. Otherwise I'd be way behind right now I'm sure.
My mind wants to get back to our usual schedule, but my body and eyes want to sleep and just relax. As if...



::The Weather::
36 degrees, snow is still on the ground but is melting fast. I'm sad to see it go in a way, but I'm sure we'll probably get more.


::Right now I am::
Sitting at the kitchen table writing this post. Just finished a ham and cheese roll-up and looking forward to picking up Lucas after school.


::Thinking::
About all the books I have on my TBR pile, and all the events that are coming up since Lucas has went back to school. Also thinking about getting back into doing some daily workout routines before the kiddos wake up in the mornings. Since hubby leaves for work around 5:30am and that's what time I get up I'm sure to have the time. Getting back into it is gonna be a little rough though at first, but it always makes me feel better, even if I only do a few yoga exercises. Also thinking about how well Gizmo has been doing on potty training. He is easily the best dog so far I've had to train. He only has about one accident on the floor every couple days or so which is major progress from when we first brought him home. I'm hoping it continues as smoothly.


::On my reading pile::
I've been reading I Am That I Am by Judy Azar LeBlanc, and I'm halfway done with Courting Cate by Leslie Gould.


::On my TV::
I am obsessed with this show called Bunheads. It comes on ABC Family at 9pm on Mondays and tonight airs the new season and episode. I'm really excited about it, and will probably be re-watching previous episodes while I do my normal day to day chores, cooking, cleaning, etc.


::Favorite blog post this week (mine or other)::
Gentri Lee's "Instant Life"
She has some of the most amazing, breath-taking pictures of the mountains and nature!


::Something fun to share::
I don't make New Year's Resolutions as I stated in a previous post, BUT I do have a Day Zero List. You can make a Bucket List, Someday List (with no time frame), a 101 in 1001 list, etc. It really helps me keep track of my goals. If your interested you can make your own list with a time-frame or with no time-frame here: http://dayzeroproject.com/


::On the menu for this week::
Monday- Bruschetta Chicken Bake
Tuesday- Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Macaroni and Cheese
Wednesday- Chicken Veggie Stir Fry, Garlic Bread
Thursday- Southwest Style Burgers and Fries
Friday- Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken, broccoli, and diced carrots, Crescent Rolls
Saturday- grocery shopping
Sunday- 


::On my to-do list::
Laundry- wash, fold, put away
Mop kitchen and bathroom floors
Vacuum the rest of the house
Organize linen closet (it for some odd reason looks like a bandit rifled through all the towels and washcloths)
Making chocolate pudding with marshmallows for my babes to enjoy after dinner tonight (they LOVE that dessert, it's so simple and yet pleases them so much)


::What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting, or creating::
I've been crocheting some dishcloths. :)


::Homemaking tips::
I found this idea on Pinterest so it isn't mine, but oh my is it a good idea!

Organize puzzles into zippered pencil pouches, cut the picture off the top of the puzzle box and store in pouch. If you buy the ones with the see through plastic you can tape it inside there as well, and label how you wish. Store it in a tote and take care of those pesky stacks of puzzle boxes that wear over time. Frees up space and easier to store.
http://pinterest.com/pin/65231894574751504/


::Looking around the house::
Everything is picked up and tidy at the moment (aside from a basket of laundry that needs put away). I have my wax burner on filling the home with a piney scent which I just love, and Levi is watching Octonauts on TV at the moment having just finished his lunch. Gizmo is laying in his bed playing with a rope toy being good.


::From the camera::
Taken with my cell phone camera, it isn't the best quality but it sure is cute. LOL
Gizmo playing with his rope toy


::On my prayer list::
Family issues, and praying for all those in need of prayer or strength right now. A lot of family and friends are going through some medical issues and rough times so they are always in our thoughts and prayers.


::Bible Verse/Devotional::
Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

3 comments:

  1. your pup is adorable!! and I love the puzzle organizer idea - I hate losing puzzle pieces!! :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower and friend. yes, stir fry is a quck and easy meal for the 2 of us.... as an empty enster I enjoyed reading the psot of a busy mom... you ahve a very nice site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pup is just so cute :) Yummy looking menu, I'm having meatloaf this week too.

    Hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog