A bit of a chilly breeze, but it is beautiful outside. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, spring isn't too far off. Sunshine always makes me in a much brighter mood. :)
::Right now I am::
Sitting at the kitchen table writing this post. I have chicken grilling for grilled chicken sandwiches for our lunch. Since there is no school today the kids are playing with their new doodle pads and watching Spongebob. They are being so good to each other today, I really can't complain. :)
- About how glad I am there is no school today. I got a bit behind on my chores over the weekend when hubby was off so a lot does need done today, but it was a really nice weekend. Even though the boys were sick for the majority of it we loved the family time and mainly watched movies, did puzzles, crafts, played games, and once they were feeling better yesterday did a little shopping.
- This week my glasses and sunglasses should be in, I am so excited about them. I finally got around to ordering a pair of prescription sunglasses, so no more annoying headaches due to driving in the sun. Bad news is my eyesight has gotten worse so I can no longer see well enough wearing regular sunglasses.
- About all the books sitting on my shelf (and Kindle) waiting to be read. Thursday I'm making a trip to a small bookstore in our town and I just can't wait. I love my kindle, but there's nothing like the feel and smell of an actual book. Turning the pages, the weight in your hands, etc. I may seem weird, but oh well. I love books so I'm okay with any repercussions that come with that. Which is why I could spend hours browsing the shelves at the library. :) So many good books out there, and just so little time...
- I got my haircut yesterday. It's shoulder length, and I have bangs finally. I haven't had bangs in forever, but my head feels so much lighter! My hair also looks so much more healthy, I hadn't had my hair cut in a little over a year. Plus this morning I could actually style it without being in the bathroom for hours and that is the best part ever. It's just so much more manageable. I even splurged the extra two dollars to get it shampooed. It just feels so good to be pampered a bit, even if it may seem trivial to some.
::On my reading pile::
Last week was crazy, and while I got to start on The Tudor's Daughter by Julie Klassen, I haven't gotten very far on it. I am loving it already though, and it grabbed my attention immediately. I can't wait to make some more head-way with it.
::On my TV::
Love It or List It
::Favorite blog post this week (mine or other)::
When I get the chance I like to join a blog hop on Saturdays hosted by Because I'm The Mommy and (not) Just Another Mom of Twins.
It's called Songs That Make Us Sing Saturdays and you can share songs that you love, make you want to dance, etc. It's really a lot of fun, and this one is one of my favorites. It really fits my mood this week as well. I just can't wait for spring (as I keep saying over and over, hopefully it's not annoying just yet. LOL)
::Something fun to share::
If your a pinterest addict like me, and you also love to crochet here are some easy to do crocheted bookmarks. If you are interested in Pinterest but need an invite feel free to leave me a comment with your email address, and I'd love to see you on there. It's full of so many interesting things, but beware: It's highly addicting.
::On the menu for this week::
Monday- Broccoli, parmesan, and shrimp pasta & garlic bread
Tuesday- chicken pot pie (recipe from one of my cookbooks)
Wednesday- glazed ham, mashed potatoes, baby carrots
Thursday- shopping day
::On my to-do list::
- Clean windows
- Give Gizmo a bath
- Make grocery list out
- Laundry (wash, dry, iron, fold, put away)
- Clean the kids room (it looks like a bomb went off in there)
- The normal day to day cleaning, dishes, cooking, etc
::What I am sewing, creating, knitting, or crocheting::
This week I am crocheting some bookmarks for me and the kids. It's going to be a busy week so this is going to be a simple craft.
Since spring is coming up (I can't wait) and I'm sure lots of you (me included) will be making large pitchers of lemonade, iced tea, and other fruity concoctions. Instead of putting lots of small ice cubes in your pitcher that will quickly melt, use big ice cubes. You can make them using muffin pans, and even drop in some lemon slices, orange slices, strawberries, etc. It's visually appealing, adds a bit of extra flavor, and keeps your pitcher cold.
::On my prayer list::
- My kiddos who have been battling a horrible cold due to our crazy weather changes.
- A couple of my very dear friends that have been battling some health issues.
- Everyone out there who is going through a tough time right now, prayers go out to everyone and all circumstances.
- My mom who has some upcoming dental work to be done. Her tooth broke off and she has to have the rest that is still under her gums surgically removed.
With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
If you want to participate in Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday head on over to her blog (Diary of a Stay at Home Mom), read her awesome post, and then add your Happy Homemaker Link to her Mister Linky at the bottom of the post. There are so many others that join in and it's so interesting seeing what everyone is up to this week, read their homemaking tips, etc.