Today we are expected to get into the 40's, and it's supposed to be cloudy. I can't complain though because it's much better than being in single digits or below.
::Right now I am::
Sitting at the kitchen table sipping on some warm lemon tea. Everyone is still asleep, and while I did not want to pull myself out of bed this morning, I relish this quiet time. Whether you have kids or not I think it's good to grant yourself a little quiet time a little each day. Helps me for sure to reflect on my to do's for the day, maybe get some reading time in, etc.
Once I finish this post I'm going to start breakfast, once it starts cooking everyone will slowly start coming in. :)
- That I can't believe February is just flying by! Wasn't it just December?
- I need to do some shopping for my son's school this week. I'm sending him with some snacks for the class in addition to his Valentine's cards. I'll be getting creative this year as you can now only bring store-bought items to school with an ingredient label, and they don't want cupcakes brought in. I'm thinking some iced animal cookies, goldfish, juice boxes, fruit, etc. I guess I'll figure more out when I get to the store.
- Thinking about how excited I will be when Josh is off all weekend.
- We don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day. It just gets too hectic to find a sitter, and never goes as planned. We tell each other how much we love each other every day, and to be honest Valentine's Day is really no different from any of those days. Instead we plan something together as a family. We make Valentine cupcakes all together, watch movies, eat popcorn, and I usually make some sort of special dinner. That way we can all enjoy it as a family, there's no gift pressure, and we can all just relax.
- Also about how excited I am that I can finally get some new glasses picked out today. Phew, I have had my pair for 2 years but they are showing some major wear. Hubby has never had to have glasses, but he's thinking he may need some reading glasses now. We'll find out later.
::On my reading pile::
Starting The Tudor's Daughter by Julie Klassen
::On my TV::
Lizard Lick Towing (with the hubby)
Love It or List It
Mysteries at the Mueseum (I recommend this show to all who love anything historical, it's amazing)
Nashville (on Wednesday and I can't wait)
::Favorite Blog Post This Week (mine or other)::
Five Little Chefs
::Something fun to share::
I found this on pinterest, and it really is a brilliant idea.
::On the menu for this week::
Monday- Veggie Burgers, Baked Potatoes
Tuesday- Pot Roast
Wednesday- BBQ Pork chops, fried potatoes with chives, baby carrots
Thursday- marinated steaks, salad, corn on the cob (strawberry shortcake for dessert)
Friday- 3 cheese chicken penne, garlic bread
Saturday- chicken fajitas, white rice
Sunday- fish fillets, broccoli, macaroni and cheese
::On my to do list::
- Clean all windows
- Getting crayon off the wall in the kids room *sighs*
- Return some items to the library (getting more of course)
- Eye exam later for me and hubby
- Organizing files on my laptop
- Going through books on my kindle I've read, storing them on the cloud thus making more room on my kindle for more great books.
- Laundry (wash, iron, fold, put away)
::What I am sewing, knitting, crocheting, or creating::
This week we are just focusing on Valentine's crafts.
Packing your husband and children's lunches will save you tons of money, and the food is much better. It's a double win! My son will not eat school lunch and much prefers what I make him. And hubby prefers me to make his lunch as well which I do gladly.
::On my prayer list::