Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #6


Happy Homemaker Monday


My, the weeks are just flying by aren't they? Only 3 more weeks of school left where we are and then we'll be done for the summer. We also move soon in just 2 1/2 months so it will be time to pack everything up before I know it. We did hit a bit of a roadblock on our apartment search. The apartment complex where we wanted to originally move in won't have anything available (that fits our needs space-wise) until November, and we just do not want to wait that long. We are going to look around some more, and if nothing comes available we are just going to upgrade to a bigger apartment in our current complex.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine was relaxing and filled with family and fun. The weather was just right, and it turned out to be such a wonderful day.



The weather in my part of the world::
The weather has been really nice as of late, although the nights are awfully cool. I have had to run the A/C a few times, but haven't had to run the heat in awhile which has been a blessing on my electric bill. haha
In our town all the pools open on Memorial Day so swimming is definitely coming up soon after that. I am so ready to get the summer started.





On my reading pile::
And a couple other books for review
I also have a couple reviews I will be posting this week of books I've finished. :)




On my TV::
The local news
Hart of Dixie
House Hunters




On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- hamburger/potatoe casserole & cornbread
Tuesday- slow cooked BBQ chicken legs, mac and cheese, white rice
Wednesday- Tomato baked Porkchops, mashed potatoes, applesauce
Thursday- shopping day
Friday- 
Saturday- 
Sunday- 



Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
WANT TO TRY
http://pinterest.com/pin/132152570285281333/
We are big on water in our household, and this looks SO refreshing! I really cannot wait to give this a try. It looks so refreshing. It's going to be perfect and fun for those hot scorching days that are soon to make an appearance.




Looking around the home::
Laundry is folded and waiting to be put away
TV is off and windows are open letting in a slight breeze
Breakfast and lunch dishes need washed and put away



On my to-do list::
Put away laundry
Re-organize bathroom (I have a bathroom shelf and it just takes up way too much space. Apartment bathrooms are rather small, and I would love to open it up a bit more. Plus the shelf is so old it’s practically falling apart. Time to get rid of it)



My projects::
Family handprints (see below on the something fun to share section)
Other than that I really need to make a trip to the hobby store.



Interesting Blog::
Reduce Footprints
(http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com/)
I love this blog. There is a meet and greet Monday, a Change The World Wednesday (where there are challenges to partake in that will save the earth one step at a time)
*If you would like me to check out your blog feel free to link up below, it doesn't have to be a Happy Homemaker link up. I am always interested in finding new and interesting blogs.



From the camera::
Nothing to share from the camera this week. I’ve slacked a little the last couple weeks on taking pictures. I’m sure you’ve heard me mention it’s been such a hectic crazy month to work with. Needless to say it's all I can do to leave the apartment with my purse and not forget it. LOL. I will get some pics soon though, I promise. I’ve been missing my camera. ;)



Something fun to share::
Family Handprints
http://pinterest.com/pin/132152570285982238/
We are going to be making these sometime this week. I'm excited to see how ours will turn out, and I will definitely be posting pictures on next Monday's Happy Homemaker Monday so stay tuned!




Bible Verse/Devotional::
Colossians 3:12-14
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog