Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #8


~Happy Homemaker Monday~



First and foremost before we get started with today's edition of Happy Homemaker Monday i would like to say:

Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. There are many stories as to its actual beginnings, with over two dozen cities and towns laying claim to being the birthplace of Memorial Day. There is also evidence that organized women's groups in the South were decorating graves before the end of the Civil War: a hymn published in 1867, "Kneel Where Our Loves are Sleeping" by Nella L. Sweet carried the dedication "To The Ladies of the South who are Decorating the Graves of the Confederate Dead" (Source: Duke University's Historic American Sheet Music, 1850-1920). For more on the background of memorial day you can CLICK HERE





::The weather in my part of the world::
The weather has been crazy, and I think I may be catching a cold. The boys haven't been at their best themselves with the constant changing temperatures and whether hot or cold I just wish the temps would settle and stay that way awhile. It goes from cold to hot, and hot to cold.



::On my reading pile::
Flames of Resistance by: Tracy Groot
The Fault in our Stars by: John Green (I have been wanting to read this book forever! Just haven't been able to fit it in, and I have heard only amazing things about it)
A few other books on my Kindle
~You can always keep up with what I'm reading by visiting my Goodreads pages HERE~


::On my TV::
Not really watching much of anything this week on TV. Probably I'll just catch a few episodes of House Hunters, and watch whatever the kids and hubby are watching.


::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- BLT's, sliced apples, french fries
Tuesday- chili cheese dogs, lays potato chips
Wednesday- Tater Tot casserole
Thursday- shopping day
Friday- 
Saturday- 
Sunday- 


::Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
~Want To Try~
PECAN PIE CAKE
http://sweetjeanette.blogspot.com/2011/12/pecan-pie-cake.html



::Looking around the home::
Hubby actually temporarily fixed my laptop. (Thank goodness) So I am at home. It still is not functioning correctly, and you can't move it what-so-ever, but at least it gets the job done as far as blogging and checking my social networks now and again. I am afraid to do too much on it lest it decides to go kerplunk again, but for now I'm counting my lucky stars and giving a huge thanks to my hubster Josh. LOL
Boys are playing hot wheels and dinosaurs, lunch is in the oven, and breakfast dishes need washed.
It's too hot to open  up the windows, and I'm getting ready to make some homemade Blueberry Muffins.


::On my to-do list::
Dishes
Fold and put away laundry
Daily cleaning
Patio needs a good sweeping
Make some moving lists and plans (I function better this way with my lists especially when there's lots of planning to be done)


::Blog of the week::
Sweet Jeanette
I actually stumbled across her blog by finding her recipe for Pecan Pie cake on pinterest. It was hard to leave her blog once I looked around for awhile. My mouth was watering as I perused through her posts. She posts all these delicious recipes that I can't wait to give a try to. If you love cooking, or even sweets, I urge you to check her blog out.


::My projects::
Currently I'm not working on any projects, but I am looking forward to starting on some sun-catcher's made from beads! (see what I'm talking about in the Something Fun To Share section below) The tutorial is so amazingly simple that I can't wait to give it a try. I can tell it's going to be a fun craft.
My fingers have been itching to crochet, but I'm not sure what I would like to crochet at the moment. Still giving it some thought. :)


::From the camera::
Josh and I, went to go see Foreigner live Saturday night. It was amazing! I have always loved Foreigner, and they are even better live! It's a concert that you don't want to miss out on so if they are ever touring in your area, and you like Foreigner I urge you to try to go. It was classic. The lead singer did a stunt where he climbed up one of the metal towers and scared everyone breathless. Especially when he slipped and was holding on with just two hands! Whether this was on purpose or for show everyone is still unclear, but it was certainly amazing and it captured our attentions. They really put their all into the show, and I am so glad we were able to attend.
forgive the pictures, wasn't sure if they would allow me to have my actual camera so I smuggled in with my cell phone and made due with that they are a bit blurry...
the lead singer- kelly hansen climbing up on the tower

the band in all their glory :)





::Something fun to share::
These suncatchers are made from melted beads! How awesome is this! I can't wait to make them, it is SO simple! It's as easy as baking in the oven!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=185741.0



::Bible Verse/Devotional::

Philippians 1:3-11 (NIV)


 I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog