Friday, June 15, 2012

Never take anything for granted...


Sorry I have been M.I.A. lately. There has been a lot going on. To be honest I am not at all sure that I'm ready to talk about it just yet. It's just some health issues that have been going on in our family, and we are all just sticking together the best we can. More importantly we are sticking close to God because when it all comes down to it's all in His hands.
I will talk about it eventually, but right now nothing is even for certain whether it be good or bad. We have a 99% hope and assurance that things are good, but there's that niggling 1% possibility that is just to fresh to talk about. So until we get further details I want to keep things to ourselves. I really hope this doesn't offend anyone, but it's not even something I'm talking about in my written journal. Right now we are just hoping and praying, and if you would like to keep us in your prayers I would gladly appreciate it.

Anyway due to all that we are going through I realized how much I have taken life in general for granted. We sometimes get so used to our lives that we begin to un-appreciate it. I have taken for granted God, my husband, my children, my family. I love my children more than life, they are my whole world. I love God, without him nothing would be possible. I love my husband, whom is my soul mate and best friend. I love my family, who even despite our differences at times has stuck by me no matter what. And yet...I never before realized how TRULY lucky I am to have all of them. And sometimes something in life happens that changes your whole world and you wake up every day just praying and thanking God for all the loved ones you have around you. Because our loved ones are what makes this world a perfect place no matter what. Not material items, but our loved ones because those are our true blessings.
So tonight if you could do me a favor: hug your children, husband, family, or give them a call, or even write them a letter...Tell them you love them very much and they mean the world to you. Tell them how much you are proud of them and appreciate them.
And then have a private conversation with God and thank Him for blessing you, and how much you appreciate Him.
One thing I have learned is that we must ALWAYS hold close to our faith, and if we thank God for our many blessings every day then we will appreciate them more. Because life becomes so same sometimes and we allow ourselves to become so overwhelmed by the things going on around us that it is very easy to forget.


Sincerely,
Tori


1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 
2 Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, 
3 though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah (Psalm 46 : 1 - 3 - ESV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog