Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Meatless Mondays ~A MorningStar Farms Review


Our family recently made the decision to eat healthier. One of the things we wanted to try out was to eat less meat. Problem is trying new foods isn't always easy when you have two young ones in the house, especially when they are picky eaters.
When I received the opportunity to try out Morning Star Farms products, as a BzzAgent, I admit I was highly skeptical. I never thought something that wasn't real meat could not only taste good but be filling. Still who am I to pass up an opportunity to try something new?

So we went to the store and all decided on::


I bought some sweet potatoes, some whole wheat hamburger buns, and went home to prepare us lunch.
I grilled the burgers, made some homemade sweet potato fries, and dished up our plates.
At first everyone was completely silent as they took their first bites. I was almost afraid to take my first bite, but as soon as I did I had an explosion of taste in my mouth. Everyone else started exclaiming how good they were. Even my 2 year old who doesn't usually eat much hamburger was loving his.
Not only were they delicious, but they had a really good texture I wasn't expecting at all. I expected something that would fall apart, but not in a good way. These held together really well, and were also surprisingly filling. We liked them so much we are going to start incorporating Morning Star Farms products into our menu at least once weekly. After all they have so many other products besides this, and we are eager to see how those taste.
They are very affordable and for 4 veggie burgers the retail cost was under five dollars. Calories are also very low which helps out if you are on a diet. Definitely affordable on a budget, and enough to feed a family of four. I guess I really did learn with this product not to judge something before giving it a chance.

If you want to learn more about MorningStar Farms brand check out their website and learn even more about their amazing products!


Disclaimer: I received the above mentioned product for free as a BzzAgent in exchange for my unbiased review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog