Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #18

I have been horrible about keeping up with my Happy Homemaker Mondays, I know. But if your still here reading thanks for sticking with me. I'm going to try to keep it regularly updated, but trying to find time with blogging while have two rowdy youngsters can sometimes be a hit or miss. But without further ado, I'm back so shall we get started?
I made a new button by the way, hope you like it. It feels much more "Fall" than the last one.



::The weather in my part of the world::
Hot and cold as usual for Indiana. Today is pretty comfortable in the mid 70s, but it looks like rain outside. We're expecting cooler temps starting tomorrow down in the 60s. Time to get out the jackets and long sleeves! Brrr.



::On my reading pile::



::On my TV::
Keeping up with the Kardashians (on demand)
Bones (on TV)
Gilmore Girls (on DVD)
Vampire Diaries (on DVD)
That's about it. I am so far none to fascinated with this season's line up. I want my other shows back, but they won't air until winter! LOL



::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- country fried chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese
Tuesday- beef pasta, fried potatoes, peas
Wednesday- baked ham, seasoned mashed potatoes, crock pot mac and cheese
Thursday- take out Thursday (probably pizza)
Friday- round eye steak fajitas, white rice, applesauce
Saturday- beef manhattens (a fork/knife meal), corn
Sunday- baked BBQ porkchops, brown rice, broccoli



::Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
WANT TO TRY
http://www.heathersdish.com/1/cinnamon-sugar-apple-pie-eggrolls/
I pinned this on my Recipes Board



::Looking around the home::
The windows are all open letting in a soft breeze. The breeze feels just lovely, I have a pumpkin spice scented candle burning on the kitchen table which is making it feel very much like autumn in here, so cozy. I have a laundry basket of folded clothes sitting beside the couch waiting on me to put it away. Some dishes are in the sink calling me to wash them. Floors are actually free of toys (for the moment).



::What I’ve been up to lately::
If you read my post on our family sick weekend, you'll know we have been sick. We are all starting to feel better though.
We're getting ready for the fall season and I've been putting up a few little fall decorations here and there including hanging my autumn wreath on the door that says: "Happy Harvest"
I know it may seem a bit early but it just feels like fall, and it is September after all.
I want to go to Hobby Lobby badly. I'm just itching to get my hands going on some crafts. I have tons of them pinned on Pinterest after all so I want to put some of those pins to good use! :)



::On my to-do list::
Sweep and mop kitchen and bathroom floors
Vacuum rest of apartment
Pick up boys room
Organize my bookshelf
Dishes
Put away laundry
Wash more laundry



::Tips/Tricks::

If you wrap the top of bananas as they are on the bundle with saran wrap they will stay fresher longer.



::Something fun to share::
Seen this on Pinterest...it's a library Christmas Tree! How awesome is that!?



::Bible Verse/Devotional::
Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog