Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I feel like I've been stuck in a tornado!

Oh my has it been crazy. I feel like I've been stuck in a tornado unable to climb out and just hanging on for dear life. It has been a crazy couple of weeks!

Of course you know we moved with school right around the corner. Let's just say I never want to move during that time frame again. Pure craziness I tell ya!
You all have heard me ranting before about our local school system and how they had my son's school year all messed up? Well they've done it again. Seriously 3 days before school is suppose to start we get a call stating that they cancelled Pre-K classes at the school we thought he was attending so all the students and their teachers would be transferring to a different school! Oh my goodness! I was not pleased. Especially since the school they placed him in is pretty far away. To them it's no big deal because there is a bus route, but I don't like putting him on the bus just yet. I'm one of those mothers that likes to take her child to school and pick them up afterwards. It's just how I am.
Then there was the new open house which in itself was crazy busy with tons of confused parents (myself and hubby included) who had no idea what was going on. The teachers seemed a bit frazzled and surprised themselves, but I will commend them on getting their classrooms ready in such a short amount of time. It was all very cute and organized! And I loved his teachers. There is a teacher and a teacher's assistant and they were wonderful with all the kids. Who knew that my kids were each born during a baby boom? That's why they had to move all the students because there are so many preschoolers now they had to put most all of them in one school. In our town there are even waiting lists for preschool! Goodness!
But back to the teachers, I really liked them. I was worried because last year when Lucas had speech class his teachers were so incredible that I worried we wouldn't get teachers as nice and good with him. I have to say he is lucky indeed I really loved his new teachers and he does also.
He is in class as we speak...at recess...not that I keep glancing at his schedule every hour or so. I of course wouldn't do that. Oh wait...I would. LOL
Levi has been super cranky lately. He is teething which is never fun for anyone. Especially him (and me). He is almost impossible to please and throws down everything we offer him to help with the pain. I give him baby Tylenol when especially needed, but I try to use other methods to ease the pain because I'm not a big fan of any kind of medicine unless absolutely necessary. I go the ice Popsicle route. You can make them yourself and if they drip or spill it isn't a big deal since it's just water. He is 18 months old though so he does well with eating them. I wouldn't recommend them to small babies. For that those baby teethers you can freeze are best to use. Unfortunately he won't take those anymore, and since he has lots of other teeth I'm afraid he'll bite through them. Wouldn't that be my luck? You know these popsicles?
Once the sweet stuff has been eaten out of them, you can rinse the plastic inside and out and refill them with water and refreeze. These work well for on the go, or just a cool treat when it gets hot out. You can use kool-aid to refill them as well. I usually just use water because it doesn't stain and no sugar. I only re-use them once, but it works great for us since both the boys know how to eat out of them. Lucas likes them on hot days. Just another little tip/trick from me to you.

Anyway I'm sure you have noticed that my blog look has changed. Undoubtedly it will change again because I'm going to be messing with some new templates over the next week or so before finally settling on one. Hope that's okay and if your having trouble viewing please don't hesitate to let me know immediately so I can remedy that.
I'm looking forward to blogging again. I've missed it so much. It seems like one thing after another has happened and I have missed you all, and my blog.
I'm especially looking forward to this fall season and getting out the fall decorations. Fall is my favorite season. Then comes spring, summer, and winter. When do you start decorating for fall?

Okay, it's now 5:33pm EST. Sometimes it takes me forever to write one simple blog post since duty is always calling. But I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest. I love being a mother and wife. I'm going to end this now and get it posted though as I picked Lucas up from school (he had a great day) and get dinner going and baths done.
Can't wait to talk to you all again soon! And hopefully later I'll get to visit everyone. Looking forward to seeing what you all have been up to!

Sincerely,
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog