Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Cold's



Both of my babies are sick with summer colds. I'm hoping we have safely made it through the worst days. And you fellow moms know the days I'm talking about, the severe drowsiness and fevers mixed with the worst of symptoms. Now there are just runny noses, still a bit tired, and some crankiness.

I hate it when my children get sick. I just want to take all the yuck away, but of course I don't have those superhero powers even though my 3 1/2 year old son does think I do. When he falls and gets a boo boo I pour a bit of peroxide into a little spray bottle and spray his boo boo telling him it's magic water and it bubbles the hurt away. Then I apply neosporin to a bandaid and attatch to boo boo. He is happy with this and sits very still. However, if he sees me get the actual peroxide bottle down he panics and there is no chance that he will let me near him at all!

Most mother's believe this is wrong as they say I'm lieing to my child. I beg to differ. Not trying to stir up trouble, but my son is just 3 1/2. I understand it's best to tell our children the truth, but I believe that should come with age. Right now I believe it's good for the imagination. I mean I grew up believing in Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, etc. I don't think it did me any harm. Let children be children, the rest will come in due time. I wasn't even upset when I found out the aforementioned characters weren't real. I started suspecting on my own anyway, and just easily accepted it. Of course I know all children are different, but the same goes with fairy tales. Are you going to tell a four year old little girl that her Cinderella idol is made up? Shame...
So until they start getting older I'm going to try to fill their lives with as much magic as possible while they can enjoy it, I'm not going to extremely ham it up, but I will keep with all the old traditions and let us add things TOGETHER as a family here and there. Looking through the eyes of a child everything is amazing. We as adults often forget that.

So needless to say we are in a battle with the sniffles. So far I have been able to keep the cold at bay from myself and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

So until the next time, I hope you all are healthy and I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog