Monday, August 22, 2011

Stumbling Into Grace book review



Stumbling Into Grace
By: Lisa Harper


I had the pleasure to read Stumbling Into Grace Confessions of a Sometimes Spiritually Clumsy Woman by Lisa Harper. I absolutely loved it! It almost feels as if you are in a direct conversation with Lisa Harper just like old friends. You could be sitting at the dinner table with her talking over a good meal, or just taking a stroll and enjoying each other's company. It literally felt like she was RIGHT THERE.
It is such an effortless read!
I felt so many emotions while reading this book. One minute you will feel tears, one minute astonishment, the next laughter and joy. The book covers so many topics it was quite refreshing.
It is a diary/devotional novel. A great read for any person, group, etc. I think it really fits all the masses. As a matter of fact I am going to recommend it to my women’s study group at church.
Another thing I thought was pretty cool about this book is at the end of each chapter there is a prayer followed by personal reflection/group discussion questions, followed by optional journal entry. Even for those of you who like to read the occasional book but don’t particularly like a heavy-read this would be perfect as I think you could read a chapter a day and reflect on your own or by recording it in a journal.
Another pretty remarkable thing that Lisa does is she takes her everyday “happenings” and finds a way to apply the word of God to them. It was very interesting and something that most of us don’t really think to do in our everyday lives. It was especially enjoyable on the humorous embarrassing parts applied to the word. We all have embarrassing “clumsy” moments in our lives and it is always so good and refreshing to go back and look on them with laughter instead of shame.
I urge you to give this book a try. I think you will pleasantly surprised and really enjoy it.
It’s a great women’s spiritual book, and it really opens our eyes to God’s word in a more modern way. I have never read a book anything quite like it, and I look forward to sharing it with friends and family.

DISCLAIMER: I was provided this book for free through Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my unbiased review. Opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog