Monday, August 1, 2011

August...ALREADY?



August is here already!

 This summer has went by so fast I just can't believe it. With August's arrival I am feeling nostalgic, already, over summer's loss. Unfortunately we didn't get to enjoy the summer fully what with all these new changes taking place in our family. Especially with moving and everything. HOWEVER, I would still rate it a good summer, and we still have awhile before the pools close down and the weather gets nippy. And we still have a few family outings planned as well, which is exciting. And I will of course keep you updated on those. We have the zoo, the children's museum, and Conner Prairie coming up which is so very exciting. Not to mention one good aspect of the weather cooling down a bit is PICNIC's! Yes I love family picnics. They are so relaxing even if they are in your own backyard, or a park nearby! Here in Indiana the weather has sweltered. Some days we have had some severe heat advisories so I couldn't even take the kids out to play much to all of our disappointment. But now even though the heat is still here we are at least getting some breeze, and we have had some much needed rain off and on.



One thing that I'm excited about the approach of is homeschooling! This year I will be homeschooling my son whom will be 4 towards the end of the year. I will update on that as well. I found a great free pre-k curriculum HERE. They have for ages 2-4. This is a bible curriculum by the way. I am going to definitely use some of their curriculum as well as tweak it and add some things/change some things so it will better fit our pace. I don't really feel comfortable with the preschools around us so I've decided to do it on my own. I want my son to be prepared and ready when kindergarten gets here. While I'm no teacher nor psychologist I do know my children and I believe just thrusting him in a class and leaving him will be stressful so I'm going to prepare him myself. He does just fine in his Sunday School classes, but that is only for one hour. Besides there's some things I want him to learn that he just won't learn in school. As far as what I'll do about homeschooling him from kindergarten on I haven't decided. This is going to be a great experience for us to see what fits us best, and we'll go from there. I will have some great things to share along our way which you may find useful in your own homeschooling ventures. Feel free to share them or try them for yourself.

I have some great upcoming recipes to share as well that are just yummy not to mention surprisingly affordable! One of them is our family's recipe for Sausage Stew. And another is some yummy Breakfast Burritos. I will have more recipes upcoming as well, and I'm going to start posting one weekly. Recipes are so good to share with each other. If you have some awesome recipes that you would like to share or recommend feel free to drop me a message or comment. If you'd like I can feature the recipe on my blog. I for one am always up for trying out a new dish.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great and wonderful day! Hope you are all taking care in this heat as well. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog