Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blue Moon Promise Book Review


  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Thomas Nelson (February 14, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1595549153
  • ISBN-13: 978-1595549150

  • This is book one in the Under Texas Stars Series. I cannot wait for the other books to come in this series. I enjoy a good romance, and this book has everything a romance reader wants: intrigue, sass, love, faith, perseverance, forgiveness, etc.

    Lucy is someone that we can all identify with in some way. Or at least I know I can. Mainly when it comes to her sense of the need to control. We often forget that only God can control things, and no matter how much we try some things will just be forever out of our control. I often need reminded about things such as this. Because when it all boils down to it there comes a point where we have to just let go and let God.

    What truly touched me about this novel is that even though the couple was forced together in a way that neither of then desired and under quite unfortunate circumstances they respected their marriage and families enough to stick it out and make it work. The couple implemented not only prayer in their relationship but bible readings as well. They listened to God, and that is something that we all need to do to have a strong marriage. Over time as Lucy and Nate grew feelings for one another I just couldn’t help but sigh aloud. It was just all terribly romantic and sweet. There were parts where Lucy got so sassy that I just could not but laugh out loud. Considering that I do a lot of my reading when everyone else is asleep this added a bit of fun for my husband in the night. LOL
    This novel will really keep you reading, it doesn’t lag AT ALL, and just when you think things are sure to get dull something even more intriguing happens. I was pleasantly surprised at all the mysteries the author was able to keep going, and all the turn of events that were made possible! It was such a nice feature for a romance novel! There are twists with every page turn, and it was truly a hard read to put down. Not just one mystery to unfold, but many. So many that I was constantly trying to guess.
    The words just flowed so easily, and I regretted having to put this book down. Even though the characters were fictional I found myself thinking about them throughout my daily activities until I had to remind myself that they were indeed fiction.
    The characters themselves have so much life and sass that I could swear I was watching events unfold right in front of me. It was an exciting book to read, and my heart raced in anticipation of what events would unfold next. This book is not only a good read, but I really think that we can learn a lot from it. As I said before it holds a lot of insight on forgiveness, perseverance, faith, and letting go of our constant want to be in control of things.
    If you are really into romance novels, particularly historical ones like I am, then this is a book you will want to check out. I just cannot wait to continue in my reading of this series, and plan to keep up on it. If you'd like you can even take a look inside this book HERE.


    Want to see my star rating of this book on Goodreads? CLICK HERE




    DISCLAIMER: I was provided this book for free through Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my unbiased review. Opinions expressed are mine alone.

    1 comment:

    1. wow. I think im going to try and find this book to download on my kindle.

      ReplyDelete

    Search This Blog