Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #23

I'm finally almost all the way over that horrible cough that seemed to linger with me forever. I'm so glad about that, and I've been keeping up with my vitamins so hopefully that cuts back on my sickness this winter. Especially since I usually always seem to catch whatever is going around one way or another.




::The weather in my part of the world::
Today we woke up to snow falling. The boys were so excited! My feelings were a bit mixed. While I do enjoy the snow, I don't particularly always like the cold and dangerous conditions that follows it. BUT, it melted within a few hours anyway. The boys were bummed, but I assured them there will be plenty more snow to come. Much, MUCH more snow to come. LOL




::On my reading pile::



::On my TV this week::
As usual I will be watching Nashville this Wednesday at 10/9c on ABC.
Other than that I will probably re-watch all the seasons of 7th Heaven. Not all in this week of course, but catch up on some of them of course.



::On the menu for this week's dinner::
Monday- breaded steak, loaded baked potatoes, corn on the cob
Tuesday- crockpot beef stew, rolls
Wednesday- lasagna, garlic cheese bread
Thursday- grilled chicken, brown rice, peas
Friday- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Saturday- chicken stir fry
Sunday- Beef & Rotini Skillet



::Looking around the home::
Levi is taking his afternoon nap and Lucas is in school. I'm enjoying the quiet while I can. I could be spending this time catching up chores, reading, etc but it's so hard to get any time on the blog lately. It seems like no sooner than I sit down I hear: "mom!" or it's too late and I'm too tired, or too early and I have to get breakfast going and the kids up.
The dishes are all done and the boys have their crayons and coloring books on the table. I'll pick those up here in a few once I finish this post and hopefully get to visit some of my favorite blogs. I know I've been a bit MIA in comments lately, but I promise I'm not trying to ignore any of you. It's just been crazy.



::Last week's recap::
I made up 20 goody bags for Lucas's class. He got to have a little party in class. I put in some of those little jumpy frogs that kids seem to go crazy for, some candy, fruit snacks, etc. I didn't want to overdo it with the candy goods since Halloween wasn't that long ago. My kids for one still have half a bucket of candy each, and Christmas is coming up so their stockings will hold that much more. Yikes. LOL
We went bowling ON Lucas's birthday with his class. They had an event at the local bowling alley for all the children and families and we figured why not go ahead and go. We all love bowling after all. Lucas scored 2 strikes! We were so proud. Me and Josh didn't get much of a chance to bowl since we were taking turns chasing Levi and encouraging Lucas on, but no matter what everyone had fun so it was a great time.
After bowling we came home and relaxed for awhile just spending some quality family time together. We had cake and ice cream, gave Lucas his gifts, etc. We didn't have a big birthday party this year. He didn't want to do a big party so we just spent it together.
 We went to the Muncie Children's Museum yesterday and took our nephew along. He's one year older than Lucas so they had a lot of fun playing and being together. I was excited to take the boys there since I spent so much time there as a child myself, but I was a bit disappointed. They have so much less than they used to! There was still some fun stuff to do, but not nearly as much as there was when I was a kid. Definitely not worth the money you have to pay to get in there, but the boys did still have fun. They had a really awesome learn not to burn program and the boys learned about fire safety and what to do if a fire ever breaks out in the house. And they had a lot of fun so that's all that matters.



::What I'll be up to this week::
I have an annual ladies appointment this week which I'm not looking forward to, but I'm eager to get it over with. Other than that I have the usual errands and we have to prepare for Thanksgiving next week! I can't believe how fast it has crept up on us! This year is flying by already! I always get a bit nostalgic around the holidays and look back over the past year. It's so bittersweet, just like our children's birthday. You look forward to the time ahead, but it's just so hard to let the past go sometimes.
I have some library books and movies due back this week, and I have some reviews to get posted which I think you'll all enjoy.



::Today's to-do list::
Sweep floors
Vacuum floors
Mop the kitchen and bathroom
Clean bathtub
Drop some books and movies off at the library
Normal day to day stuff



::Tips & Tricks::
Use newspaper or coffee filters to clean windows instead of paper towels. It is non-streaking and doesn't leave any lint. Also vinegar or any window cleaner with vinegar as an ingredient will work wonders on windows and glass!



::Something fun to share::
http://ahecticfairytale.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-05-18T09%3A39%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=7



::Bible verse/devotional::
A man who lacks judgement derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue.
Proverbs 11:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog