Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Just a lil update...

Oh my am I ready for bed and it's only 10am. I still have this horrible cough that just does not seem to want to go away. It's actually gotten to the point where I have to take Dayquil before I go to bed at night JUST so I can sleep. Otherwise I wake up the whole house (literally my kids get up asking if I'm okay) with my incessant coughing fits which seems to happen every five minutes.



I know I missed Happy Homemaker yesterday, but yesterday was SO busy. I actually sat down and started it, but then I was needed elsewhere so I clicked save and just wasn't able to get back on the computer the rest of the day. I didn't get another free minute until 11pm and by then I was frankly completely tired and exhausted. I pretty much fell asleep right as my head hit the pillow. I didn't even get to cover up all the way. LOL



Yesterday I had to make a trip to the library. I actually misplaced a movie that was due and I spent 2 hours searching for it. I found the case right where I left it but the disc wasn't in it. I could have sworn that I put the disc in there, but it wasn't there. I was flipping out because it was a new release and I don't want to have to pay for anything. I am usually so consistent on keeping all the library stuff in one place. The library movies have a place, and the library books have a place. But anyway by sheer accident I finally located it in a yo gabba gabba case. At that point I decided I NEEDED to get the movies back so with the kids in tow we set off. I was so worried because normally taking the kids ensures that our library trip will be over with before it even begins. I'm the mom chasing after the 4 year old while the 1 year old screams in his stroller because he doesn't want to sit there. I usually end up with only one movie and some children's books and rush out of there as fast as I can before I get asked to leave by security for alarming the other library patrons because my kids are screaming. But yesterday I had faith (and a dollar to use for bribery for the vending machine). So we went in and automatically Lucas started helping me turn in the movies that were due. Then we went in search of some children's movies for him and Levi. Levi only yelled a couple of times but he did sit in his stroller which I was thankful for. Lucas didn't run off at all and stayed right by my side and was the perfect little gentleman. He even helped with Levi a few times when he started hollering loudly. We ended up with a lot of great movies (theirs and mine) some great book finds (theirs and mine), and as promised I got them something to split out of the vending machine before we left. Behold the power of a dollar!



By the time we got out of the library around 5:45pm it was almost fully dark outside. I can't believe it gets dark so quickly! But I'm not complaining. I kind of like it actually! Call me crazy, but it seems appropriate for the winters approach that it does get dark sooner. Although I probably shouldn't actually write that down because later I'll probably find myself complaining about it getting dark sooner, but for now I don't mind it in the least. It seems to calm the kids sooner. They know when it starts getting dark that it gets closer to bedtime.
I love the winter because of the snow, the holidays, etc. The only thing I don't really care for is the cold. BUT with the good comes the bad and we can't have snow without cold obviously.


I must go do dishes and clean now. It's almost time to take Lucas to school and I'm hoping Levi decides to take his nap during that time so I can get some reading time in. I used to get up early to read but I have been so tired lately it's been impossible to concentrate, and staying up later to read seems next to impossible for the same reason.
Anyway enough rambling from me right now. I've been working on a lot of great reviews to go up this week so stay tuned. One will be posted about everyday this week so there will always be something great to look for and learn about! Plus there will be my usual rambling posts. LOL. I hope you enjoy!

Sincerely,
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog