Saturday, November 10, 2012

Understanding Theology in 15 Minutes a Day ~Book Review

Christianity is such a big part of my life. Things get crazy time and again and it's easy to lag on our studies and understanding of the faith. But no matter what we can always learn more about Christianity, and we can always bring ourselves closer to God.
This book is an excellent read when you're trying to understand Theology.

Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (September 1, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0764210122
ISBN-13: 978-0764210129

Whether you are a beginner on studying Theology or an expert this book is well written. It is easy to understand, and laid out in sections that take 15 minutes or less to read. It answers some of the questions we all wonder, such as::
  • What is theology?
  • How can I know God?
  • When is Jesus really coming back?
  • What will heaven be like?
  • How can Jesus be both God and man?
  • What is the basis of Salvation?
and many more...

There are also Interesting Fact sections at the end of each chapter which I found very interesting. It adds a really nice touch if you ask me, and keeps you on your toes.
The author states that he hoped to keep his own personal viewpoint from coming through. However, inevitably, it did come through here and there. It wasn't too much of a big deal for me though since we all have different viewpoints. It's still interesting to learn others viewpoints, and while there was a few things I didn't agree with in this book there were a lot of points I did agree with. Despite the points that I didn't agree with being said I still learned quite a bit from this book and recommend it if you want a deeper understanding of Theology.
This book is an excellent starting point for Christians who want to know more. I have learned a lot myself from this book, and now know where I want to search more in-depth for deeper answers. It's especially handy for those who want to learn Theology but don't have much time to dedicate to reading during the day. The book is set up well to where you can skip around if you'd like, or just read it from front to back. You can still get through the book easily. It's easy to understand and as I said before each section can be read in about 15 minutes or less.

This book is available in:   Print   Kindle   Nook


You can also check out my review of this book on Goodreads and Amazon



Disclaimer: I was provided this book for free through Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my unbiased review. All opinions expressed are solely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog