Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #3

Happy Homemaker Monday #3


I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. :) Ours was spent mainly indoors due to rainy weather although we did get out for some of our errands and chores on Friday. It has been a good weekend all aside from my poor Josh having severe tooth pain. He has needed to get a wisdom tooth pulled for quite some time, but he has been putting it off. It's finally caught up with him, though, and has resulted in some severe pain especially of a night. He hasn't been able to get much sleep, and laying down seems to make it worse so he's been sleeping propped up with tons of pillows. This week he will be setting up an appointment to get that taken care of.






The weather in my part of the world::







On my reading pile::
Eyes of Justice by: Lis Wiehl
Opal Moon by: Kiana Sim
How We Love Our Kids by: Milan Yerkovich
The Fault in Our Stars by: John Green
You can find more of books I'm reading, progress, and books I've read on my Goodreads site.



On my TV::
House Hunters
Bones
Hart of Dixie

Not to mention I have been soaking up as much on the Titanic as possible! There have been tons of documentary's on TV lately. I have always been fascinated by the Titanic, and now I finally have more answers. With the technology and resources we have these days so much more is made clear, and a lot of questions I have had over the years have finally been answered. I still feel sad for all the passengers that had to die due to the titanic, and yet there were a total 700 who DID survive. That is quite a number considering how bad the devastation actually was. Yesterday I watched Titanic at 100 Mystery Solved on the History channel. It was really exciting, and they answer SO many questions about the Titanic, passengers, etc. I really feel more in tune with the Titanic now, and more importantly some of the passengers. I'm glad to have a lot of my questions answered and to find out so much more about passengers, artifacts, structure of the ship, etc.



Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
I made cornbread casserole one time right after me and Josh first got married. I wasn't the best cook then and still had a lot to learn so needless to say it didn't turn out that great. It actually turned out so bad that you would've thought I served dough with corn. hah! It's definetely something that we like to look back on now with a laugh, but now I'm determined to try it again. This time around it will be much better. :)

CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
http://pinterest.com/pin/132152570285839526/




Looking around the home::
Candle is burning on the kitchen table filling the house with a warm cinnamon apple scent.
Breakfast dishes need doing.
Wind chimes are chiming outside on the front porch, and I just feel so comforted by that sound.
The boys are playing dinosaurs on the living room floor, and we are getting ready to color together during our creativity time.
Laundry needs folded and put away.
I have the supplies laid out to make some cupcakes which will make a nice dessert surprise for later.



On my to-do list::
Usual daily household chores
Dishes
Laundry
Re-organize some of the boys toys in their room
Go through more of my books, and get rid of some more of the ones I know I will probably never read again. I went from two full bookshelves to just one, and I would like to declutter a bit more. As much as I LOVE to read it's pointless to keep books I'm probably not going to read again just for the sake of filling a bookshelf. Besides there are others out there who probably would like to read them which is why I always donate them to our local bookstore.



My projects::
Crocheting more dishcloths this week.
Making a kindle case for my kindle fire.
Homemade bookmarks.



From the camera::
More from one of our local parks




Something fun to share::
I have the tendency to be challenged when it comes hanging pictures. Seriously I will think I have it just where I need it, and when I drive the nail in the wall it's off. I hate to pencil mark on the walls to place a picture so when I stumbled upon this on pinterset I knew I HAD to try it. It really did make things so much easier for me! I have now used this trick a few times, and it never has steered me wrong yet, and the toothpaste easily just wipes right off.
http://pinterest.com/pin/132152570285218455/




Bible Verse/Devotional::
Colossians 3:12-13 
Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.



If you want to link up your blog you can do so by using Mr. Linky below. For more Happy Homemaker Monday's you can also check out Sandra's blog over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. She also has a Mr. Linky, and has a lot of fun and interesting things to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog