Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #1

Happy Homemaker Monday

One of my favorite mom bloggers, Sandra at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom, has been doing a Happy Homemaker Monday for quite some time now, and recently I've noticed others partaking in the ritual. It's becoming somewhat of an explosion with so many mom bloggers participating so I've decided to as well. If you want to partake you can enter your link on Mister Linky's form below and on Sandra's page at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom. If you haven't checked out Diary of a Stay at Home Mom I urge you to head on over. It's a wonderful blog.
So without further ado I shall get started on my Happy Homemaker Monday::


::The weather::
Our temps have been up and down lately. It has really been messing with our allergies. Still I can't complain as it hasn't been bitterly cold and the sun has been shining. Here's a peek at our weather for the week:



::On my reading pile::
Catching Fire by: Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games book 2) on my Kindle Fire
Life Promises for Couples by: Gary Chapman in print



::On my TV::
House Hunters
Bones
Probably will watch a show with the hubby later, and squeeze in the news before bed.



::On the menu for this week::
Monday- Sliced turkey, mashed potatoes w/gravy, corn / dessert=applesauce
Tuesday- hashbrown hamburger helper, scrambled eggs, biscuits / dessert=bananas w/strawberry sauce
Wednesday- breaded fried seasoned chicken, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese / dessert=funfetti cupcakes
Thursday- grocery shopping so I'm unclear as of right now what the rest of the week will hold.
Friday- see Thurs
Saturday- see Thurs
Sunday- see Thurs






::On my to do list::
Laundry
Usual everyday chores
Organizing my kitchen cabinets
Dishes
Crocheting
Give the bathroom a good scrubbing
Work on my Spring Cleaning list



::What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting, or creating::
I'm going to be crocheting a dishcloth I have been sort of putting off.



::Looking around the house::
Just got done talking to hubby on the phone during his last break, he works long hours out of town so it's nice to be able to talk to him on the phone throughout the day. The boys are playing dinosaurs. My youngest isn't feeling too well due to allergies so I will probably put him down for a nap soon. Getting ready to finish up what's left of my daily chores, and then start dinner. My windchimes on the porch are tangled so those will need my attention as well.



::From the camera::
one of my favorite covered bridges at our local park




::Something fun to share::
Peep Smores makes a fun festive Easter treat. I found this on pinterest HERE


::On my Prayer List::
My boys to be in good health, these changing temperatures have been trying our immune systems, and my oldest son has to get some tests done at our local children's hospital for hydroniphrosus.
My mom who hasn't been in the best of health. She is currently on vacation so I pray for her to have a safe wonderful time, and hopefully she will come back rested and feeling great.
My dad had a recent career change so I am hoping it's everything he wants it to be.
My best friend who has been going through a tough time. I love her to pieces, and I pray for her happiness and strength. I know that she will be strong no matter what she does, and her hardships will not break her wonderful spirit. Aside from my mom she is a bit of a role model to me in a lot of ways. I really admire her.
My husband's job status, things are kind of touch and go where he works and although he was assured his job is completely safe they will be laying off a lot of other workers so I'm keeping them and their families in my prayers.
My family, and I's relationship status with God and that we hold fast and tight. In a world that is filled with hardships it can be easy to sometimes lose our way, so we have to be determined and hold on.



::Bible verse, Devotional::
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (NIV)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog