Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #5


Just to give you an update on the previous week: Last week was a really fun week albeit a busy one. Friday we went to my son's school carnival and it was a blast for all of us. We played games, had snowcones, won prizes, etc. They had a few bounce houses among the games which the children really enjoyed and went on several times. The kids were exhausted so I'm glad we ate dinner before we went since they were asleep before we even got home. It was all I could do to get them in their pajamas, teeth brushed, etc. Josh (my husband) and I entered into the school auction where we scored some awesome tickets to some local family fun places nearby. Our local children's museum, an interactive history park, etc. They were taking bids on baskets and tickets that were donated by local businesses. My mom won the bid on my son's class basket, the theme was gardening. The money goes for the children a popcorn/pizza party so it was money well spent all around. I'm thankful that the businesses donated tickets, gift cards, etc so the school could have that.

If you would like to participate in Happy Homemaker Monday feel free to link up your blog using Mr. Linky found at the bottom of this post.




The weather in my part of the world::




On my reading pile::
How We Love Our Kids by: Milan & Kay Yerkovich (to read)
The Fault In Our Stars by: John Green (to read)
The Messenger by: Siri Mitchell
The Bible (always reading)




On my TV this week::
Shark Tank
Undercover Boss
House Hunters
Hart of Dixie



On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- Spaghetti, Garlic Bread / brownies for dessert
Tuesday- Cheeseburger hamburger helper (homemade version), peas, mashed potatoes
Wednesday- Fried Chicken, corn, fried potatoes
Thursday- grocery shopping this day
Friday- see thursday
Saturday- see thursday
Sunday- see thursday





Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
WANT TO TRY SOON
http://extremelyblessedmomof7.blogspot.com/2012/04/hot-and-hearty-southwest-beef-pie.html
I seen this recipe posted by Cheyene, a fellow VB mom blogger. It looks SO tasty, and it's made using crescent rolls, shredded cheese, mexican-style corn, tomatoes, chili beans, chili sauce, and ground sirloin. I can already assume that this is going to be a big hit with our family. You should definitely check out her blog for some more fantastic recipes and other fun stuff. :)



Looking around the home::
Dishes are clean and I have a new Relaxation candle burning on the kitchen counter. The smell is heavenly and it has become one of my favorite candles. It kind of reminds me of a spa scent, and it really is relaxing.
Everyone is still sleeping so I am getting ready to start breakfast. That is sure to wake everyone quickly. :)
Books are still laid out on the end table by the couch that we read before bed so those need to be placed back on the boys bookshelves.
There is a basket of laundry waiting to be ironed, folded, and put away.
My calendar is laid out on the table where I am going to make sure to have all of our upcoming appointments, bill due dates, etc updated. I find it so much easier to maintain a schedule, and keep bills paid when there is a family calendar. It keeps everything more orderly.



On my to-do list::
Put some stray books back in their places on the bookshelves
Laundry needs folded and put away
Going to toy around with re-organizing our bedroom.
Need to make brownies so we can have dessert for later.
Work on my kindle fire case



My projects::
Still working on my kindle fire case. I haven't had much opportunity this week to work on it so it has been sitting in my craft basket. I'm hoping to resume it this week, but I need to make a trip to the hobby store and get some more items. I'm so excited and eager to see how it turns out.



From the camera::
A cross that is hanging in my kitchen. I couldn't get any good outside pictures this week so this will have to do. I love this cross, and it hangs on the wall behind our kitchen table. There's a side view, and a front view.



Something fun to share::
I found this while browsing Pinterest. You can see it by CLICKING HERE
This truly is every kid's dream staircase. I know I would have been thrilled
to have seen this anywhere as a child. LOL



Bible Verse/Devotional::
Matthew 6:34  Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.





Feel free to use Mister Linky below to link up your Happy Homemaker Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog