Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Homemaker #16




Time for another Happy Homemaker Monday. This one is going to be super short, and I'm sorry but we have just been swamped. Let's just say that I will never again pick this month to move. We have been swamped with setting up school for my son, packing, transferring bills/mail/services to the new place, buying things we need for the new place, etc. It has been one crazy ride and it still isn't over. I am excited though. It's not like we are moving out of town, but just moving to a new place is exciting. I'm ready to get in there, and get it all set up. We go sign the lease later on today and then I'm gonna set to cleaning so everything is fresh and ready when we bring in our stuff. They clean them of course but I always re-clean everything just because it makes me feel better and more comfortable.


::The weather in my part of the world::
One thing I do not like about living in Indiana is the constant weather change. I'm afraid that we are all going to come down with colds because it has been really hot and then really cold! For example we had a day that was cold and raining in the low 70s so we dressed in pants, then by afternoon it was scorching hot in the 90s, and then night time was in the mid 50s. Insane.



::On my reading pile::
Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer  (almost finished with this one it's amazing)



::On my TV::
House Hunters (HGTV)
Bunheads (abc family)
My First Place (hgtv on demand)
some shows with hubby



::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
This week is going to be easy, unhealthy food that is quick to make because we are moving at the end of the week so I'm trying to keep the dishes to a bare minimum. We have plastic plates, forks, spoons, bowls, cups, etc to make things a bit easier. I can't wait to get settled and unpacked so we can get back to regular meals next week.

Monday- baked chicken, scalloped potatoes, peas
Tuesday- corn dogs, mac and cheese
Wednesday- grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, brocolli
Thursday- take out thursday
Friday- moving day so we'll probably order a pizza
Saturday- shopping day to fill up the new fridge
Sunday- 



::Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
nothing this week. Haven't had much of a chance to search any recipes.



::Looking around the home::
Boxes everywhere I look! It's crazy!
Everyone is still asleep at the moment which is giving me a little quiet reprieve. As much as I detest early mornings I love the quiet time while knowing my loved ones are sound asleep in the other room. Hubby is off of work today and tomorrow and then Friday begins his 9 day vacation. It will be so nice having him home! Usually he has to break his vacation time up in days for appointments and such so this is the first year he is going to have more than 3 days off at once. Yay! He woulda had more, but the other days were also broken up, he gets two weeks. But I'm taking what I can get! LOL
There is definitely a different feel to this place we've called home the last year. I was sad at first to leave, but the neighbors have been extra rowdy again lately so I'm more than eager to get up and go now. I don't know how many more sleepless nights I can handle, I do have two very rowdy children to take care of without having to worry about parties that carry on upstairs until four and five in the mornings.
There's some baskets of laundry I need to pack away. They are folded, but I was too tired to get to them last night. I know shame on me.



::What I’ve been up to lately::
Packing and trying to get things ready. Been running errands to get things switched over to the new apartment like utilities, cable, etc. Not to mention we have been crazy busy trying to get my sons school situation completely smoothed out. I think it is so far, but we are waiting on more paperwork since there was a huge HUGE mix-up as to what school he would be attending. We went to an enrollment to see his classroom, meet his teacher, etc only to find out that preschool open house is later in the month.



::On my to-do list::
Packing
Cleaning out cabinets
Clean the couch and cushions



::Tips/Tricks::
You know those annoying dents that get in your carpets from furniture? You can put ice cubes in them and it will take the dents right out. Of course the ice cubes have to melt, but the moisture causes the carpet to pop back up. I think we're going to have to buy a bag of ice before we schedule our walk through.



::My projects::
Getting moved and settled is all I have going right now. Although I may make a snake bubble blower for the boys to keep them occupied. If I do and it works out I will post pics with a step by step.



::From the camera::
nothing this week



::Something fun to share::
got nothing this week



::Bible Verse/Devotional::
Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog