Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Stubborn Heart book review



I am a big fan of romance novels, but I have to admit I have never been so captivated by one as I was by this particular novel.
From the prologue I was just immediately drawn in. I couldn't wait to find out what would happen between the characters while at the same time I didn't want the story to end!
This novel is good in so many ways, and it will easily sweep you off your feet and place you firmly inside all the action. The characters are stubborn and witty and I found myself laughing out loud more times than I could count. Aside from the main characters there are others that will just place themselves in your heart, particularly Beverly (Kate's grandma). She reminded me so much of my own grandma that I couldn't help but to love her. The characters are just completely endearing, even the rough and tumble Matt with the hard exterior.
Without gushing more about how much I loved this novel let me give you some info on it so you can see if you'd also like to read it. :)

::Taken from the back of the book::
Kate Donovan is burned out on work, worn down by her dating relationships, and in need of an adventure. When her grandmother asks her to accompany her to Redbud, Pennsylvania, to restore the grand old house she grew up in, Kate jumps at the chance.

Upon her arrival in Redbud, Kate meets Matt Jarreau, the man hired to renovate the house. Kate can't help being attracted to him, drawn by both his good looks and something else she can't quite put her finger on. He's clearly wounded--hiding from people, from God, and from his past. Yet Kate sets her stubborn heart on bringing him out of the dark and back into the light... whether he likes it or not. 

When the stilted, uncomfortable interactions between Kate and Matt slowly shift into something more, is God finally answering the longing of her heart? Or will Kate be required to give up more than she ever dreamed?





::More on my thoughts::
In my experience it is rare to come across a romance novel that is so captivating as this. I really didn't want to put it down, but I had to find out what was going to happen. Just when I thought I had the characters and plot all figured out I was surprised. Nothing went as I expected in this novel which made me love it that much more! Aside from how much I loved the characters and plot of the novel the faith factor is at great play here as well. No matter what Kate decides she looks to God for answers. It doesn't preach, but just shows how a Christian can carry on conversations with the Lord as well as follow the Lord's wishes. It shows that even when things don't work out how we want them too, God often has better things in store for us even without our knowledge. I loved how Kate trusted God completely even when she didn't want to follow what she felt He was trying to tell her. It's just amazing, and uplifting.
All in all I loved every single aspect in this book! There were a few characters left unexplained at the end of the book and reflecting on it later I wondered what had become of them, but it's not to the point where it would ruin the novel. I wish I could rate this novel more than 5 stars because it sure deserves it!




Would you like to read an excerpt from this novel?





My Stubborn Heart


If you think you would love this book as much as I did it's also available in the following formats::


I rated this book 5 stars on Goodreads & Amazon :)


Some more info on this book::
  • Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Bethany House Publishers; Original edition (May 1, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0764209744
  • ISBN-13: 978-0764209741



DISCLAIMER: I was provided this book for free through Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my unbiased review. Opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog