Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #15




::The weather in my part of the world::
Yesterday we got some rain and thunderstorms, but the rain was more than welcome. It has been so dry. I'm used to seeing lush green grass in the summer, and instead it's brown. Sometimes I think it looks more like fall than summer around here. It has been really hot, but not unbearable like we were having earlier in the summer. At least we don't feel like our breath is being sucked right out of us when we step outside. LOL



::On my reading pile::
Short Straw Bride

I still haven't started 50 Shades of Grey by E. L. James, I'm going to wait until after we move. I have some books to read for review and the one above is one of those. I am liking it so far though.
I have some reviews coming up this week too so stay tuned! :)



::On my TV::
Bunheads (abc family)
House Hunters (hgtv)
watching Cities of the Underworld (dvd) with hubby later tonight



::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- Goulash, cornbread (crock-pot meal)
Tuesday- Breaded Chicken, corn, loaded baked potatoes
Wednesday- Homemade cheesy nachos
Thursday- Pot roast, garlic bread (crock-pot meal)
Friday- Corned Beef & Cabbage, Rolls (crock-pot meal)
Saturday- Chicken and Dumplings, mashed potatoes, peas
Sunday- Pizza Burgers, french fries, broccoli

As you can see I am using my crock-pot a lot this week. We move next week, and there is still lots of packing for us to do. As much as we tried to stay one step ahead of things we still have quite a bit to do, but we aren't behind so it should go pretty smoothly. (I hope)



::Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
~Want to Try~
Crock-Pot Peach Cobbler
http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/crock_pot_peach_cobbler.htm



::Looking around the home::
Breakfast dishes are sitting in the sink taunting me, and as much as I would like to wait to wash them I would rather get them caught up before lunch time. I hand-wash my dishes even though I do have a dishwasher. I don't like washing dishes in the dishwasher. I don't feel as if they get as clean. I basically use my dishwasher as a huge drying rack for my dishes. LOL
But where we are moving there is NO dishwasher so it will be back to drying my dishes on the little dish rack that sits on the counter. I will probably need to get a second one. There are 4 in our family after all, and that makes a lot of dishes. haha
I'm sitting at the kitchen table, a glass of chocolate milk beside me (you are never too old for choc. milk) and some jellied toast. There is an apple cinnamon scented candle burning on the kitchen counter which I find very relaxing.
There are boxes propped up against the wall in the corner of the living room that are awaiting me to put them together and fill them with stuff. The boys used them last night to make a series of tunnels that went from our living room to their bedrooms. It was so fun to watch them play in them and hear their little shrieks of laughter and happiness. :)



::What I’ve been up to lately::
Packing, I can't believe that we move next week! I am so excited and ready! It seems like just yesterday I was telling hubby that 4 weeks seemed like it would never get here, and I was eager to move already. LOL. It's always a little weird at first in a new place, but I really love our new apartment and I think we are all going to adjust very well. There are still lots of things to do before that so if I'm only on here sporadically that would be the reason why. Utilities have to be transferred over, I need to call the cable company, we still need a few things for the new apartment, more packing to do, etc. I will stay on top of my normal weekly posts though such as Happy Homemaker Monday, Wordless Wednesday, and Songs that Make Us Sing Saturday. You may find a post here or a review there, and I will do my best to still visit you all and comment. I do LOVE to visit other blogs.



::On my to-do list::
Dishes
Laundry
Packing
Call cable company
Sweep and mop floors
Vacuum floors



::Tips/Tricks::
Use dawn dish soap and hydrogen peroxide to get stains out of clothes. I have used this several times to get stains out of the boys clothes and generally if treated RIGHT away it will take any stain right out. Just make sure to use cold water.



::My projects::
none at the moment, more to come after we get moved and settled



::Something fun to share::
Hope you aren't getting tired of my posts from Pinterest, but there is a huge supply of great ideas on there. Just like this one, we have an old slinky that is stretched out I came across in the boys toy box the other day and this is the perfect way to use it rather than throw it away. I think it's a craft to make with the boys, and it will make a great gift for my mom who just moved into a new house and has been finding ways to decorate her yard. I'm going to use a hanger to hang it, and wind the slinky around.

Bird Feeder Made from a Slinky
http://pinterest.com/pin/492649930229833/



::From the camera::




::Bible Verse/Devotional::
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog