Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #20



Good morning! Come on in out of that cold, I'll hang up your jacket. Would you like a glass of orange juice? Come on in and take a seat, it's nice and cozy in my house so take a load off from that chill outside. I also have hot tea if you'd like, and if you stick around long enough you can join us for breakfast. :)


::The weather in my part of the world::
As you can see we have some rain headed our way off and on this week. We were hoping to take a trip to the Pumpkin Patch this weekend, but it doesn't look like that's going to be an easy task.


::On my reading pile::
I'm almost done with:

And then I'll be starting:













::On my TV::
Gossip Girl
Bones
Love It or List It
Keeping up with the Kardashians (on demand)


::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- cheeseburgers, fries
Tuesday- homemade chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes, corn
Wednesday- slow cooked beef and noodles, mashed potatoes, peas
Thursday- beef stroganoff, garlic bread, cauliflower
Friday- baked parmesan crusted chicken, fried rice, broccoli
Saturday- breakfast for dinner
Sunday- slow cooked teriyaki pork chops, green beans, baked potatoes


::Looking around the home::
Everyone is still sleeping and it's still a bit dark outside here. The house is quiet and the hum of the refrigerator is in the background. No candles are burning, the windows are closed due to it being so cold outside, but it's warm and cozy inside. I've got my snow-boot slippers on keeping my feet nice and cozy, and I have a nice cold glass of orange juice sitting beside me.
I'm getting ready to make some breakfast which is sure to wake everyone up immediately. Who can resist the smell of bacon? LOL


::What I’ve been up to lately::
Reading
Mask making (you can check out that post here)
Decorating for Halloween
Cleaning


::On my to-do list::
Sweep and mop floors

Clean bathtub, sinks, and toilet

Speak with the main office of schools (there has been a boy in my sons class that has been bullying him so we plan on doing something about that today, you can read more about it in this post here)

Speak with the front office about the leak in bedroom and make sure maintenance comes out to fix it

Fall hand-painting with the kids

Returning movies and books to the library that are due and check out some new ones


::Tips/Tricks::
Around this time of year car windows are often frosted up. Take a spray bottle of vinegar and spray it on before you jump in the car and it helps clear away the frost. Then you don't have to stand outside in the cold scraping and worrying about what the kiddos are up to inside the car while your scraping away freezing your buns off. LOL
White distilled vinegar is the best to use, but any vinegar will work for the most part


::From the camera::
Here's some masks we made with construction paper yesterday. It was too cold to go outside so we had to find something fun to do.


::Something fun to share::
Last night me and hubby were just sitting on the couch flipping through the channels when the Travel Channel caught our eye with this interesting segment:


There are some amazing Halloween traditions, most just blew me away and I was fascinated. There is even one where they showcase carved pumpkins that is just AMAZING! I would love to go with the family and see that one day.


::Bible Verse/Devotional::
Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?


Well I'm off to cook breakfast and get everyone up in the house and ready for the day. There is much to do today, but please don't feel the need to run off. I still have to make breakfast and there will be plenty to go around. I will grab you a plate and get to it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog