Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #11

If you want to use the new button CLICK HERE



::The weather in my part of the world::

It's been really hot and muggy. Particularly over the weekend. It has been so hot in fact that we have been spending most of our time indoors so nobody overheats. It sucks that it's so hot we can't even take the kids to the park but to be honest most of our parks are deserted due to the equipment being so hot! We are in a major drought also so hopefully this week provides some relief. It's certainly promising better temps compared to our 105 degree weekend.



::On my reading pile::
The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis
The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch
The Dark Monk by Oliver Pötzsch


TBR Pile- some books for review



::On my TV::
Bunheads- all new comes on tonight on ABC Family
Also I'm catching up on some episodes of My First Place & House Hunters



::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- slow cooked beef and noodles, mashed potatoes, peas
Tuesday- fried chicken, mac and cheese, brocolli
Wednesday- spaghetti with homemade meatballs and garlic bread
Thursday- nachos
Friday- tuna casserole
Saturday- pizza (take-out)
Sunday- shopping day



::Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
Want To TryCrab-Filled Crescent Wontons
Photo & recipe taken from  http://cookingwithkrista.blogspot.com/2011/02/crab-filled-crescent-wontons.html 




::Looking around the home::
It's quiet with hubby back to work. I miss him terribly and it's just NOT the same without him. He's getting ready to begin a long couple of weeks back to work which means it will mostly be just me and the boys. We move in just 5 weeks and we have already got most of our bedrooms packed up. I have some stuff sitting in the closet I need to drop off at our local Goodwill to get it out of here.
Got the cupcake pan sitting on the counter ready to make some funfetti cupcakes which happens to be the boys favorites.
Some eggs are boiling on the stove because I'll be making egg salad sandwiches for lunch today. One of my favorites on wheat bread. I prefer to make my own since you never know about the kind you buy.
Air conditioner is humming away and kitchen fan is on which keeps the temperatures inside just perfect.




::What I’ve been up to lately::
Spending quality time with the family. Josh had a nice 3 day weekend off and it was wonderful having him home!
It's been SO hot outside most of our time has been spent indoors. We have had a lot of errands to run to go get boxes and tape, drop stuff we are getting rid of at various places, etc.
Mostly we have been going through stuff, packing, and getting rid of stuff. Simpler is better if you ask me and I'm a bit ashamed at all the stuff I have pack-ratted away. LOL
One thing I'm not willing to do is deplete my book collection too much. I love my books and over the years I have found so many favorites that I read and read again. LOL
Josh just fixed the power steering hose in my car, it sat for a month undrivable. Well not it seems like my A/C compressor is acting up so it's sitting yet AGAIN until we can get it to the mechanic this week. I'm hoping for inexpensive news and hoping it's something easy to fix. Josh has never worked on a compressor so we have to rely on a mechanic. :( I just want my poor car back.
There have been some really wonderful programs at our local library for children. Last week we went and seen Ed Snakehead who brought ten different species of snakes which totally freaked me out but Lucas loved it. This week is Silly Safari and there will be an owl, alligator, skunk, etc.
Here's some snippets of Ed Snakehead...




::On my to-do list::
Pack more
Vacuum floors
Make cupcakes
Make some homemade lemonade
Write some reviews
Catch up on some blog reading



::Blog of the week::
(not) Just Another Mom of Twins
funny, insightful, and amazing. You should definitely check out her blog.



::My projects::
I have been working on my Kindle Fire case...STILL. Unfortunately with everything going on I haven't had much of a chance to work on it, and it's been sitting in my craft basket for weeks! I am still determined though as soon as we get through some of this hectic-ness to get it finished once and for all.



::From the camera::
Homemade cheesy, egg, and ham breakfast burritos



::Something fun to share::

Take a York Peppermint Patty and stick it in the freezer for a couple of hours. When you take it out and it's good and frozen...enjoy. Instant cool down and sssooo delicious. To be honest I don't even care for Peppermint Patties, but I LOVE them frozen! It's the perfect little treat when the weather is hot and it gives you some chocolate which all us moms are trying to sneak in. haha!



::Bible Verse/Devotional::
Psalm 103:1-2, 
"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits." (NIV)

1 comment:

Search This Blog