Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Homemaker #10

Happy Homemaker Monday



::The weather in my part of the world::
We have been having a lot of storms lately. One we experienced was so terrible trees were just crashing down everywhere. Unfortunately some trees fell on cars in our apartment complex and crushed them. We were without power for about 3 hours, but other houses just got their power back on today after 28 hours of power loss. Other areas won't even see power until this morning unfortunately. I can't imagine being without it that long. We have some more storms coming, but hopefully they won't be as bad.



::On my reading pile::
The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Potzsch
The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis
just finishing up What You Need to Know About Bible Prophecy by Max Anders (review will come sometime this week)
I have been way behind on my reading as we've been just SO busy lately, but I'm hoping to get back on track VERY soon.



::On my TV::
Catching up on some episodes I missed of ABC's Bunheads I missed on TV. Our schedule has been so hectic the few shows I am actually into I have been missing. Other than that I'll probably be watching some cartoons with the kids and catching a few episodes of House Hunters here and there. After watching cartoons so much I HAVE to sneak in some adult shows here and there to balance things out. haha
Also hubby bought me the movie The Vow and I am very eager to watch that. :)



::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- lasagnia, garlic cheese bread
Tuesday- BBQ chicken, mac and cheese, peas
Wednesday- sausage stew
Thursday- BBQ porkchops, corn, mashed potatoes
Friday- pizza ordered out - shopping day
Saturday-
Sunday-



::Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
TRIED
Apple Cinna Cake
I found the recipe from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, and made it myself. Of course I couldn't find the Lucky Leaf apple pie filling the recipe called for so I just bought what my local grocery store had to offer, and it turned out wonderful! I highly recommend it, and I plan on making these types of cakes more often in more varieties. I will post the recipes once I try them willing they turn out as I'm hoping they will. I can't wait to try cherry, and peach.



::Looking around the home::
There's a spa therapy candle burning on the kitchen counter letting loose an ocean relaxing aroma. It's one of my favorite candles so I try not to burn it too very often. I am in a good mood today however. Josh is off work most of this week and only works Thursday so it's like a little mini vacation. It will be so good to have him home with us. He gets holiday pay, and he took a vacation day for July 4th so even though it will be a short week on next week's paycheck it will be enough to get us through. Time with him like this doesn't come often so I'm enjoying it.
Everyone is asleep so right now I have that early morning quiet that goes undisturbed for a short time. It's relaxing but I am eager for everyone to get up, there's a lot to do today. It's a little muggy outside so I have a glass of cold iced tea sitting next to me, and I'm getting ready to start preparing breakfast.



::What I’ve been up to lately::
We have been consumed with play dates and birthday parties as of late. Summer is always filled with TONS of birthday parties, and Lucas met quite a few friends during preschool. We have missed a few birthday parties due to clashing schedules so we have scheduled play dates/hangouts for the kids to enjoy to make up for it.
I've also been making moving lists. I function much better with lists for some reason although Josh thinks I am crazy. Even if I don't follow my lists to the T, I just feel much better knowing they are there and I can follow them when I want to. It's just how I am.
We have been going through books and eliminated over half that the boys don't read, are ripped, colored in, or missing covers. The ones that are in good condition we will be donating, and we also have toys to go through today. I'm a bit of a pack rat and it's like every item holds a memory which in turn makes me want to hold onto it. BUT I know I'll have the memory regardless and there are other children who may enjoy that toy as well, and new memories to be created with a new family. For that reason I need to face facts and realize the truth: I am overstocked on toys and holidays are coming up which means MORE toys so I need to start eliminating. The boys have so many toys they don't even know WHAT they have anymore. haha
Also all of us entered the summer reading program at our local library, and the boys have already finished the program and it's only half over. They won all the available prizes and finished earning their t-shirts and food certificates for Bob Evan's and Applebee's. They are very excited and there's a bonus program so they can win an extra book.
Me and hubby are still reading for the program as the adult program doesn't end until the end of summer. Not like it matters anyway since we always read, but it's a fun thing to be involved in. :)



::On my to-do list::
Mops floors
Fold and put away laundry
Work on moving lists
Return books and movies to the library
Go through toys and decide what to get rid of
Go through my books...again. I'm only going to hang on to my favorites and send the others out in the world to be read by someone else.
Later this week I have to go to the BMV to renew my license.
Make some homemade lemon shake ups & elephant ears



::Blog of the week::
Curling Up With a Good Book
If you love to read I urge you to look into this blog. It's filled with new books to read, and wonderful reviews which will make you want to read books you may not have thought you would even want to read! LOL
I have found a few books I've added to my TBR pile from this site.



::My projects::
I'm currently not working on any projects. We have been so busy with so many other things that there just has not been time. I am eager to get started on some though, but first I want to thin out our belongings. It's amazing what you can accumulate over the years and what you manage to hang on to whether you use it or not.



::From the camera::
No pics this week. Busy busy.



::Something fun to share::
I actually have some leftover band-aid boxes I have somehow held on to, and I'm going to make each of the boys one of these. They are so easy to pack in a purse or diaper bag and bring along for a "busy activity". Especially since this week I have to go renew my license. That should be...interesting. LOL




::Bible Verse/Devotional::
1 Peter 5:7 NIV
Cast all your anxiety of Him because He cares for you.

This is something I need to tell myself over and over. I worry so much and I stress so much over things that are already worked out by God. So rather than stress myself and family I need to just put it to God. He has everything worked out already, and it's so hard to get swept up in day to day stress and anxiety's that we forget that simple fact.

1 comment:

  1. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop
    myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up. : https://www.fdcmovies.com/

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog