Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #13





::The weather in my part of the world::
We actually had some rain which I was so relieved about! It even looks like we have the possibility for more this week. It has dramatically cooled things off, and more importantly there has been a wonderful breeze! It's definitely going to save on our electric bill because we've been able to give the A/C unit a break. I prefer to have all the windows open letting in the natural fresh air, and now we can finally do that without having to burn up! LOL   There has been a major drought in Indiana lately and farmers have suffered so the rain is a welcome. Even if it's too late for a lot of the crops it's welcome by all us Hoosiers! haha



::On my reading pile::
My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade (I am loving this book so far! It drew me right in)
Finishing up The Hangman's Daughter by: Oliver Pötzsch on the Kindle
The Dark Monk by: Oliver Pötzsch on the Kindle
AND...
I finally got in my copy of Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James! I am just SO curious to find out what all the hype is about this book so I ordered it and will be starting it very soon.
And as always you can keep abreast of what I'm reading by visiting my Goodreads profile



::On my TV::
Bunheads
HGTV's For Rent
House Hunters
some of hubby's shows we'll be watching together when he gets home tonight



::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- chicken burritos, Doritos
Tuesday- Pigs in Bacon (hot dogs wrapped in bacon and biscuits), lima beans
Wednesday- Slow Cooked Chicken Cacciatore, Fresh Salad
Thursday- take out Thursday (also menu planning & shopping day)
Friday- (to be determined)
Saturday- (to be determined)
Sunday- (to be determined)



::Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
WANT TO TRY
http://pinterest.com/pin/47076758575583461/



::Looking around the home::
Dishes are sitting in the sink protesting against me. I keep begging for them to wash themselves, but no luck just yet.
Laundry is sitting in the baskets waiting to be folded and put away, and the dirty laundry hamper is screaming "Wash me" much to my disappointment. If I hated two chores more it would be dishes and laundry because they just NEVER END! lol
An apple cinnamon candle is burning on the table in front of me smelling sweet, and I have a hot cup of tea next to me cooling off.
There's noises of sawing and hammering going on outside where they are doing more construction on our building. They even worked yesterday on Sunday which nobody out here was too thrilled about, but regardless they kept on.
The boys are still asleep at the moment (surprisingly what with all the construction going on), but I'm getting ready to start frying some bacon and eggs which is sure to wake them up. :)
I'm getting ready to put some chicken in the crockpot for chicken burritos later on. I have a unique way of making chicken burritos and the family just loves them. Plus cooking it that way makes the meat so moist and tender it's easy for even small mouths to chew. I can post the recipe later on this week with pictures so stay tuned.



::What I’ve been up to lately::
Been spending lots of time with the boys and going to lots of family activites hosted around town. This week we are planning a picnic and trip to the park if it isn't too hot and doesn't rain.
A magician is going to be making a visit to our local library which we are taking Lucas to this week. I just know he is going to be thrilled. He is in that "magic phase" and I can't wait to see his little face light up. Hopefully all goes well. Levi will probably be less than thrilled about it but hopefully we can get him to sit through most of it. He doesn't like to sit still and being only 1 1/2 prefers to run around and yell. LOL
But hey kids are kids, and it's all part of the process. I wouldn't have it any other way.
We are counting down the weeks until the big move, and we have a lot packed and prepared. It's so weird how once you find another place you just can't wait to be in there! And even though our stay in this apartment complex has been much less than satisfactory I will miss the memories here, but the good thing about memories is I can pack them up and take them with me. :)



::On my to-do list::
Laundry- wash, fold, and put away
Mop floors
Dishes
Call the pediatrician and make the dreaded check-up appointments for the boys. (that means vaccinations for Levi which is never any fun)



::My projects::
still none at the moment. I have just been spending my time reading, painting/coloring with the boys, or playing playdough and such with the boys. I'm thinking of doing some popsicle crafts with them, but I've yet to determine what we will make. Plus with my car down for the count at the moment I can't get to the craft store until hubby is off work which thankfully will be Wednesday and Thursday. He's worked 12 days straight and been gone 16 hours a day. We've really missed him, but I am thankful we at least get to see him at night. That takes the edge off us all.



::From the camera::
I have some pictures but couldn't upload them for this post. For some reason my laptop is being extremely slow and since I'm even fortunate it's still working somewhat for me I don't want to push it. I will try to get some pics uploaded when it's in a better mood. It's just operating at a snail's pace and I don't really have the time to wait on it.



::Something fun to share::
Like always I found this on Pinterest and I think it's adorable! I'm thinking of making one for a gift. I have a family member that LOVES bird feeders and is always on the lookout for something original and I think this would be just the thing.
http://pinterest.com/pin/132152570286423458/



::Bible Verse/Devotional::
Philippians 2:4
Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog