Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #14



Nice to see you! Come on in and grab a chair, we can chat awhile. Let's trade some homemaker secrets and  fill each other in our what we've been up to. You are more than welcome to stay for breakfast as well, we will be having fried egg sandwiches on toast, and I can offer you coffee, tea, or orange juice. :) If you want to participate in Happy Homemaker Monday feel free to leave your link and I would love to visit you.



::The weather in my part of the world::
We've gotten a bit of rain off and on. I'm really hoping to get more because it helps cool things off dramatically. It's been in the high 70s, 80s, and 90s. One thing about living in Indiana is we are never sure of the weather. It can be stifling hot one day, and the next day you'll find yourself in a sweater and pants. haha



::On my reading pile::
Just finished reading My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade I LOVED it! It's going on my favorites shelf! I urge you to read it. So fantastic, it has everything a good romance novel should have and I found myself laughing out loud quite often! Review upcoming...

Also just finished The Hangman's Daughter and The Dark Monk by Oliver Potzsch on my Kindle.
I wasn't a huge fan of them personally, but I will say I was riveted to the edge of my seat. The writing was fantastic, but these types of books just aren't really my cup of tea. Reviews are upcoming on both of these also...

Today I will be starting in on the forbidden Fifty Shades of Grey novel by E.L. James. I know some don't agree with reading it at all, but I have got to see what all the fuss is about this book. One thing about me is I read almost anything, and when a book blows up as huge as this I can't wait to read it and get my own views about it.



::On my TV::
Bunheads (ABC Family)
My First Place (HGTV)
House Hunters (HGTV)
Water for Elephants (DVD)
Captain America (DVD)



::On the menu for this week’s dinner::
Monday- chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, broccoli
Tuesday- chicken casserole
Wednesday- beef stroganoff, mashed potatoes, baby carrots
Thursday- homemade tacos
Friday- spaghetti w/meatballs, garlic bread
Saturday- spanish rice w/hamburger
Sunday- beef & noodles, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls



::Recipe I tried or want to try soon::
~Want To Try~
POT ROAST DIPS
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pot-roast-dips/detail.aspx



::Looking around the home::
I'm sitting at the kitchen table with my laptop, some sweet iced tea in a glass next to me. Feel free to grab a glass as I made an entire pitcher.
The house is quiet and will be for awhile longer as the boys are still sleeping. Hubby was suppose to be off work today but when the opportunity came to work an extra day he didn't want to pass it up. Hours have been cut at his factory so he's taking advantage while he can. I do miss him though. :)
My skillet, baking pan, spatula, and mixing bowl is sitting on the stove ready for me to start preparing breakfast soon. I like to lay things out when I get up so it's all ready to go.
The sink is empty for now, although that will change in about an hour.
Light is shining through the living room window and the air conditioner is humming off and on as it tries to maintain the temp we set the apartment for.
A clear plastic bowl of apples and oranges are sitting in front of me. I like glass, but with a preschooler and a near toddler that would be a bad idea. LOL



::What I’ve been up to lately::
We took the boys to a place in the mall that is filled with inflatable bouncy houses. They had so much fun. You can pay $5 per child and they can bounce all day long. If you want to leave they just stamp your hand and you can come back. I think it's a pretty awesome deal, and I think we'll be making more visits there. It's a great way for them to burn up that built up energy when it's raining out or just too hot. They had a blast, and me and hubby had a blast watching them bounce around.
We've been getting more boxes and packing tape, etc for our impending move in just 2 weeks. I am more than ready to get into our new place although I will miss the memories we have created here at the same time.
We are planning a few family outings once we get moved and settled. I'm hoping to hear back on Lucas's school situation so if I don't hear anything Monday I'm going to pay another visit to the local school office Tuesday. It's been really frustrating.
Levi is 1 1/2 and he will no longer stay in his crib. He despises it and tries to climb out every chance he gets so we are on the lookout for a toddler bed that is affordable. I don't want to go out and buy a new twin bed set just yet because we will be buying the boys two new twin beds when tax time rolls around. So I'm looking for something affordable that will get him through until the beginning of next year.



::On my to-do list::
Laundry
Looking for a toddler bed
Packing
Mop floors
Vaccuum floors
Change bed linens
Dropping off library books/movies



::Tips/Tricks::


If you have a toddler trying to learn numbers an easy way to help them is let them push the microwave numbers when you use it (supervised of course). It gives them the sense that they are helping, making something, and they learn at the same time.



::My projects::
Currently my only project is packing. haha. But as soon as we get moved I will definitely be picking back up with crocheting projects.



::From the camera::
We went to feed the ducks and there was a mother duck with her little ducklings. SO adorable!




::Something fun to share::
Pencil Pinwheels
http://crafts.kaboose.com/pretty-pencil-pinwheel.html
I think this is awesome. You can tweak it to a boys tastes as well with different stickers or such. I plan on tweaking this to our own liking. It can be fun because you can stick them in the ground, in a plant pot inside your house, or even something they can have fun with while writing. I can't wait to make some with the boys. I'll make sure to come back and share. :)





::Bible Verse/Devotional::
Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog